Graphics are freezing and repeating the frame during concussion moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics are freezing and repeating the frame during concussion moments

I have a 9800 All-In-Wonder Pro and the latest Catalyst drivers. I've been having this problem ever since 112 came out. Any ideas what causes this and how to fix it?

Re: Graphics are freezing and repeating the frame during concussion moments

Dude, you already posted this, please don't double post.

Delete one or the other.

Comment

I heard the latest (5.13) Cat drivers are shocking for BF2. Try rolling back to your last ones (5.11/5.12?)

Comment

Holy crap... What in the world is that man?!?! Go change a GFX card!

Comment

Thats not a graphics bug, thats a meltdown. Closed other thread, do not double post on same issue.

Comment

overheating??

Comment

ouch thats overheating.

clean your pc out of dust or try anogher graphics card!

Comment

also the latest drivers for ATI I believe the 5.11 are the last ones that worked properly.

Comment

Here are my machine specs (currently)

P4 3.0
                  1GB PC3200
                  ATI 9800 AIW Pro
                  Gigabyte 8KNXP (latest BIOS)
                  2x200GB WD 7200
                  Lian Li PC6070A

Note: my case has filters on all the intake fans, it's been clean for the past 3 weeks. My heatsink fans are all clean and I've just put AS5 on the proc. If it were overheating then the graphics would be slow, choppy, and do this every time, not only during concussion moments. The driver rollback *seems* to have done the trick, so hopefully it will last. Thanks for the tip, and sorry about the double post.

Comment

It isn't an overheating problem.

I have the same problem as well. At least I did until I installed a less recent Battlefield 2 patch. I can't see how a patch will make my computer overheat.

PistolBitch, what driver did you roll back to?

I've had this problem with the newest Catalyst, the newest Omega equivalent and an older catalyst.

I just want to get it fixed before they release the next patch, having about 10 ranked servers to choose from isn't really ideal.

Comment

Working...
                    X