BF SF maps are cool but don't seem quite as nice looking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF SF maps are cool but don't seem quite as nice looking

I didn't realize this until I went back to vanilla BF2. The maps there are really great looking. The SF maps seem to look a bit cartoonish now. Anyone else feel this way?

Re: BF SF maps are cool but don't seem quite as nice looking

I totally agree with you. There's one or two that really take my breath away, and I've spent entire games doing nothing but driving around and looking at random objects, but the rest of them just seem... incomplete.

~Salad

Comment

BF2SF maps look more like a battlezone than BF2 lovely green flowing fields with no dirt or bombed out cars, well except for Karkand

Karkand> mylife

Comment

war ain't pretty

Comment

I don't like Iron Gator, it just doesn't seem right. Its quite strange. But I LOVE Ghost Town. Has to be the best SF map. Non-stop action.

-Ben

Comment

Originally posted by FearPoint
            BF2SF maps look more like a battlezone than BF2 lovely green flowing fields with no dirt or bombed out cars, well except for Karkand

Karkand> mylife
            hope ur life will get better than karkand man. i feel u brotha.

Comment

meh its because Sf maps are too small.. and boring after a while

Comment

war ain't pretty
                I'm not saying they are uglier because of destruction...they just somehow seem more cartoonish, less detailed, and less realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_adolph
                  I don't like Iron Gator, it just doesn't seem right. Its quite strange. But I LOVE Ghost Town. Has to be the best SF map. Non-stop action.
                  ]

Ghost Town and Warlord are both like that, in my opinion. Warlord more so if you can bottleneck one team on the Radio Tower control point. That's just awesome.

But to get on topic, I agree with the OP. The BF2 maps are downright gorgeous, but the SF maps have more of a war-torn CNN/Fox News appeal to them. It's a refreshing change to the pristine buildings of Vanilla BF2.

Comment

SF maps suck, they are way to laggy and anything but close quarters combat.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
                      SF maps suck, they are way to laggy and anything but close quarters combat.
                      You can't say the maps suck because you dont have a good enough computer to run them. lol?

I love the SF maps, I actually prefer them to the vanilla maps. IMO Mass Destruction is the best map, its just so balanced. You have a factory for indoor combat and a whole messy land of trees and soil.

Comment

SF is made very fast and ectualy they start selling it when it was unfinished, this is probably why the details of the details aren't in the game .

Comment

I prefer the style that the SF maps are, but I think the BF2 maps are better. In SF you feel you have to be very secretive and stealthy and dart round corners without being seen. Thats why I love being Spec-Ops on these maps as they are swift and useful in all situations, sniping, destroying tanks and CQC.

But the BF2 maps are more detailed. I noticed on Devils Perch that if you climb to the top of the towers on the 16 player map you can see the edge of the map, which I think is quite poor. They should hide the edges from view with trees etc.

-Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Prince
                            You can't say the maps suck because you dont have a good enough computer to run them. lol?

I love the SF maps, I actually prefer them to the vanilla maps. IMO Mass Destruction is the best map, its just so balanced. You have a factory for indoor combat and a whole messy land of trees and soil.
                            Well unfortuneatly i am not rich like you and can't afford such a nice computer...

Comment

Larger and brighter ones would be nice

Comment

Working...
                              X