Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you play BF2 on two computers in the same room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you play BF2 on two computers in the same room?

Here's the deal. We've got two computers hooked up in the same room. We each have our own legit CD of BF2 in each computer although the game was installed using only one cd. When we try to join the same server, it lets the first guy join, then when I try to join, I get an error message saying I'm using an invalid cd key.

Is this an issue with IP's, installing using the same CD or what? Any ideas?

Re: How would you play BF2 on two computers in the same room?

You need to use your own CD key. It wont allow 2 identical to play.

Comment

Be sure you are using 2 seperate and legit keys... having the same or similar IP should not matter, as I have several computers behind a router with one IP and never had a problem playing simultaniously when buddies and frands come over to LAN it up.

Comment

btw if you are only playing on LAN and you dont have bots ... you wont have much fun. EA should make a co-op setting like in 1942

Comment

If I had two computers and two legit keys will both of us still be able to connect to regular server games using one DSL connection? Being that BF2 is a drain on bandwith is why I ask....thanks!

Comment

Im having some sort of a similar issue.

I have a machine which is used as a server. I downloaded the dedicated installation, took a little time, got her running.

My buddies across town, can connect to it, and play. This machine is of course hosted on my LAN. I join, and I get about 2 minutes, then I lose connection to the server.

This is on my own LAN. There is no packet loss or anything screwed up in the network. Why am I not able to stay connected to a server in my own LAN?

Comment

i play on the same public server as a mate on the same connection often when we have a 'curry night' no problems at all and thats with a 256k upload which isn't that big

Comment

I think the problem may be that the game was installed on both of my friends computers using only his copy of BF2. When one of us tries to log onto a server, it's no problems, but when we both try, we get the cd key error message. I'm guessing that somehow it's seeing both his cd keys trying to enter a server and it's blocking that.

We'll try installing my cd w/ cd key on one of his machines and leaving his install on the other one. Sound right?

Comment

un-install one of the BF2 games and re-install it with the second disk and all your problems will be solved

Comment

Went to a friend's house one night and 4 of us were playing on a standard cable broadband connection without any issues or lag. It was a blast!

Comment

Yeah we had a LAN party with 5 people playing bf2 against bots, and man, it was awesome, and thank god we had a fan!

Comment

you used the same serial key thats why it won't work. if you really have two legit copies then re-install one of the games and use the correct serial key.

I have 3 computers in my house networked and two of them run their very own copy of BF2. No problems here.

also If you want to play with your friends on a lan (home network) then go to multiplayer and select "HOST" place a password on it and start a game. now tell your friend on the other PC to join you. there you go. all the bots you want but only you and who ever you give the password out to playing on the server. Join each others squad so you can always spawn next to each other.

Comment

I hocked uo 2 comps at my place and played with no problems

Comment

www.portforward.com may provide you with some help.

Comment

You're probably using one legit key from the copy you bought, and a generated key from a CD key. Doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X