Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you release bombs?

Heya,

Quick question here - When you are flying around in a jet, bombs loaded; scanning the ground for targets.

You see a little green circle pop up and within it an enemy tank poodling along in the road. You start to line up your attack, positioning the green vertical line in the middle of the tank.

Now heres my problem... when do you release the bomb? Do you fire just before the tank goes out of LOS?

Re: When do you release bombs?

it depends on the angle you are approaching it from and the speed+direction of the other guys travel.

Comment

I drop them when it feels the right time to release them and most of the i am right

Comment

Im not a good flyer i only learnt how to fly last week. But if you want to practise go on single player on operation clean sweep and go on the mec side its easier. Try diveing at the enemy and after a couple of rounds youll start to get the hang of it.

Comment

Unless you are diving down at them at a 90 degree angle, drop them earlier than you would expect.

If you ARE diving at a 90 angle, then drop them when the box is over your crosshairs

Comment

I suck at flying.

I prefer being the co-pilot , I pwn with the laser guided missile

Comment

Anybody can pwn with the laser guided missile

Co-pilot of a bomber or the MEC chopper are the most sought after positions in the game for that reason

Comment

Like the dude said, it depends on your airspeed, your altitude, your angle of approach and on the target's speed and direction of movement. Practice makes perfect, look behind immediately after dropping the bombs, and drop them half a second earlier than you would intuitively drop them...

Comment

I release bombs when I want to bomb someone ^^. Seriously nooane can tell you when to do it it will come by (single player *cough*) practise. When you bomb switch quckly to rear view so you can see what did you just miss LMAO

Comment

Just practice and practice... start your own local server on something like oman and practice bombing - I used to be crap but after lots of practice, I can now score a direct hit on most targets with a fighter.

And, as someone else said, use the behind view to tune your timing.

Comment

Working...
                    X