New ATI drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ATI drivers

Has anyone DLed them and installed them and played BF2 on the 9800 Pro card yet. And if u have, have u had any probs with it?

Re: New ATI drivers

Well DrunkenPirate will probably flame this thread but here goes.
    The Catalyst 5.13 driver has these issues(as listed in the release notes, those Read Me's 99% of us DON'T READ)
    This driver will cause your Night Vision "Bloom" and cause "ghosts" appear all over your screen when using your NVG's
    This is a carry-over issue from the 5.12 drivers
    There are some who will tell you that you should go ahead and D/L and install the driver becasue the problem is not that big.
    I disagree, I find the night levels difficult to begin with, this issue makes them IMPOSSIBLE.
    My recommendation? Wait for 5.14
    DrunkenPirate, I will tell you this upfront, your opinion means ZERO to me.
    (PS: This issue effects all Radeon Cards fom 7000 to X1800)

Comment

So I shouldn't upgrade to 5.12? I have 5.11 now, and I was going to download the new drivers soon, but if they cause things to get f'ed up I'm going to wait.

Comment

The 5.11 driver does not have the issue.

Comment

j-train drop the damn "Pirate" ********. He didn't do anything wrong.

And yes the 5.11 drivers have no issue. I highly recommend them. I am using them without any problems.

Comment

killer is my homie STO represent dawgs

Comment

Originally posted by j-train
              Well DrunkenPirate will probably flame this thread but here goes.
              The Catalyst 5.13 driver has these issues(as listed in the release notes, those Read Me's 99% of us DON'T READ)
              This driver will cause your Night Vision "Bloom" and cause "ghosts" appear all over your screen when using your NVG's
              This is a carry-over issue from the 5.12 drivers
              There are some who will tell you that you should go ahead and D/L and install the driver becasue the problem is not that big.
              I disagree, I find the night levels difficult to begin with, this issue makes them IMPOSSIBLE.
              My recommendation? Wait for 5.14
              DrunkenPirate, I will tell you this upfront, your opinion means ZERO to me.
              (PS: This issue effects all Radeon Cards fom 7000 to X1800)
              Hehe you took the advice for granted, nice. You are right, though there will be no 5.14. As I said before ATi releases normally 12 drivers. 2005 = 5, Jauary = 1 (5.1) until 2005 = 5, December = 12 (5.12). Though this year we got an extra 5.13. The next driver will be 2006 = 6, January = 1 (6.1).

Comment

Get the 5.13 extreme drivers wikidone posted, they fixed my night vision issue, 5.12 didn't give me any problems, probably because of my x700 card.

Comment

nice useful info.. thx guys

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
                    j-train drop the damn "Pirate" ********. He didn't do anything wrong.

And yes the 5.11 drivers have no issue. I highly recommend them. I am using them without any problems.
                    Drunken chose to Email me instead of flaming, cheers

Comment

I dont use BF2SF. I just play BF2. I am just wondering, shuld i uipdate? or shuld i not. im at the 5.6 drivers still because all the other ones seem to be ****.

Comment

5.6 ? Go for the 5.11 atleast.

Comment

Yah, 5.11 are stable and run very nicely.

Comment

Working...
                          X