Help, I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, I'm new

Hi, I have just registered to Total BF2. I registered mainly because I need help on running the game. Yesterday was Christmas day (Duh) and I got both BF2 games - BF2 + SF. I read somewhere that you install both games THEN patch it. I did that then downloaded the 1.12 Patch and patched my game. I tried to run it but I got a black screen with a message saying a certain file was missing. I sorted that by copyingthe correct file to the directory. As I am running Windows XP Pro X64 Edition i tried to copy the X64 file to my BF2 Directory. Nothing happened so I tried the x86 File and got it loading to the login screent etc. I logged in and all was going well, but every time I try to either join/create a multiplayer game, start a singleplayer game, it loads, then the screen goes black and closes BF2 and goes back to desktop. It does this with BF2 SF too. I tried doing compatibility mode for 32bit windows as well, but nothing still. I need help. Can anyone help me?

My PC (Which I built last week)

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Socket 939 (Venice)
    EPOX nFORCE 3 Motherboard
    512MB of RAM (I ordered another 512 which I am waiting for)
    nVIDIA GeForce 6600 256MB (inno3d) AGP Graphics
    160GB SATA Hard drive (Maxtor)
    500Watt PSu (Sumvision)
    Windows XP pro X64 Edition

Thanks Matthew

Re: Help, I'm new

Install BF2, run patch, install SF, install patch again. That must do it.

And oh: welcome to the forums!

edit: i don't know if 64 bit windows affects the game

Comment

OK, thanks, I'm doing that now lol. If that works, I will be soooooo chuffed ^^ but if it don't I`ll be gutted...... and thanks for welcoming me to the forum ^^

Comment

No, It does the same problem after re-installin but this time I did the patch before installing SF. I tried to play BF2 before before installin SF and it did the same problem :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I want to play it soooo much it makin me angry too lol

Comment

what dose it say it missing , right now your leading me to think video error but your card is fine.

Idea* Take your games back and get 2 new sets if a file is missing its a currupted CD

Comment

Originally posted by tyrant
            what dose it say it missing , right now your leading me to think video error but your card is fine.

Idea* Take your games back and get 2 new sets if a file is missing its a currupted CD
            d3dx9_25.dll file is missing

Thats what it USED to say, but I fixed that problem, now all it does is bomb out back to my desktop and closes BF2, I may try to get an exchange on BF2, thanks, i`ll use that as a last resort.

Comment

Did you also patch áfter the SF install? So: Install BF2, patch, install SF, patch again?

Comment

Yes, I did try that, but I had no luck whatsoever. I am just itching to death to get on the game. How do they expect to make money if they sell games that dont work. Grrrrrrr

Comment

I'm still w8in for respone help

Comment

Originally posted by Onrust
                    Did you also patch áfter the SF install? So: Install BF2, patch, install SF, patch again?

There is no need to do that, you only need to patch once.

Comment

And you have DirectX 9.0c installed?

Also, check and make sure you have the latest drivers for you motherboard chipset installed.

Comment

^^^
                        do what Talus said

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
                          There is no need to do that, you only need to patch once.
                          Hmmm, i am not shure then. Next time if i do an install of it i will try without first.

Comment

k take off your graphics drivers and unistall direct x and try putting them both back on!

Comment

I would also try to just install BF2 and see if you can get it to run, before patching and before SF. Just as a control so we can eliminate the patch and SF as your issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X