Red Name Tag Bug variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Name Tag Bug variants

Am I the only one who gets two different variants of the red name tag bug. The first one is where the players name is simply the wrong colour but otherwise everything is normal. They appear correctly in the score lists and all in game text relating to them is normal (including team damage warnings).

The other variant that I get is when not only is their name the wrong colour but as far as my computer goes it thinks they are on the wrong team. They appear in the wrong teams score list and all text considers them to be on the wrong team. If they are a friendly and I kill them I get no team damage warning and the text says that I killed an enemy but I can still be punished. If they don't punish I don't even know I've TKed and if it's an enemy appearing with a blue name tag it tells me I got team killed but won't let me punish.

Both variants can happen to my teammates or my enemies but it is much more common for it to be a teammate. Also I find that the second variant is much more common in SF than vanilla.

I posted about this a while back and no one commented, so I thought I would post it again in its own thread to try and find out if everyone gets the same thing.

Re: Red Name Tag Bug variants

never ever had that bug in action while i was playing.
    only thing sometimes happenes to me is while a flying chopper shooting at people without tags and see too late that they are on my team...my bad

Comment

when they get the red name bug they also speak the opposing teams langauge...what a pain in the ass. I saw a clearly chinese dewd on wake...reviving people that had been hit by arty....your good to go......lol. red name above him.

Krusty

Comment

i had this on the original BF2 what happens is

1)he looks like Friendly
        2)has Red Name

You kill him it comes up as TK ( but he was killing me as well and i didnt say cease fire ect.. vry strange indeed ) hard to keep track when your in the spare of the moment. 1st time ive had it in BF2:SF was a couple days but many times in original BF2, but it is a serious problem that need fixing

- Dodger -

Comment

Originally posted by Artful Dodger
          i had this on the original BF2 what happens is

1)he looks like enemy
          2)has Red Name

You kill him it comes up as TK ( but he was killing me as well and i didnt say cease fire ect.. vry strange indeed ) 1st time ive had it in BF2:SF was a couple days but many times in original BF2, but it is a serious problem that need fixing

--- Cheers Dodger ---
          That would all be standard if his name was in blue. Did he acctually punish for the TK? Only people on your team (the server keeps track of teams even when your computer has it wrong) can punish so if he punished then he was a friendly.

Comment

Working...
          X