Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anti Campers

Originally posted by Sir. Spunge
    If they PAID to play the game waiting around on an aircraft carrier then they should be able to without an ******* flashing them tbh.
    You camp, don't you

Comment

Anyone who uses a Flash-Bang on their own team members in ANY situation is a total A-hole and should be immediately kicked from the server. If he does it again, he should be banned.

This especially includes the guys that think they can fly better than everyone else and try to flash their way into the pilot's seat! That only works on noobs that don't know exactly where to stand for the spawn and to just hold down the E key. So, they end up tossing another one just as you're taking off, which can mess you up a bit.

Save your flash-bangs for the ENEMY!

Comment

They should have a server configuration that starts deducting points for standing around too long in a specific area...- especially on airfields and helipads. Would be great for curbing those spawn campers...

OR... like UT2004 on that survival mode thingy... if you camp or stay in some area for too long- you'll show up on the enemy radar like a sore thumb. Just a few silly or good ideas perhaps that I might throw in :P

Comment

Originally posted by Six.
          They should have a server configuration that starts deducting points for standing around too long in a specific area...- especially on airfields and helipads. Would be great for curbing those spawn campers...

OR... like UT2004 on that survival mode thingy... if you camp or stay in some area for too long- you'll show up on the enemy radar like a sore thumb. Just a few silly or good ideas perhaps that I might throw in :P
          Thats actually a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by -_J0N0_-
            Thats actually a great idea
            Well... in that case- lets chuck that in the EA box and see if they give a damn . Perhaps they can have that as a filter option (i.e: Spawn Camping/Zone Camping Punish : On/Off).

For those who want some hearty on-the-go action that actually involves working together, and actually getting some action rather than spending the odd 20-30 seconds (or just sitting there waiting) waiting for a vehicle to spawn, or enemies to spawn etc etc. I think it'll bring on some decent gaming and satisfy some hungry BF2 Gamers who are sick of all the a**holes waiting around for whatever THEY want to happen.

Then again... snipers may have a problem if they've managed to find a sweet spot to snipe from... perhaps they can discount snipers? (except for when they're in a vehicle... Ha!).

I can think of a great way for a server to punish spawn campers who just sit there gunning oblivious players who've just spawned - they spontaneously die- and a message pops up: ...
            \/
            [tEh_5pAwN_kAmPeR69] has died from old age.

Comment

Camping is a legit tactic, methinks. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Killa4live
                Oke, are you also tired of a your entire team on a heli pad(Mashtuur) or on a carrier?

Lately i spawn throw flashbang just before things spawn, the noobs go crazy, and i fly away. Do this a couple of time and they actually start fighting.

So everyone, use this method and see how soon those ppl will go and fight like their supposed
                your an ******* and ill tk u if u start throwing flahers...

Comment

Originally posted by blade9
                  Camping is a legit tactic, methinks. :P
                  I agree.
                  I cant stand all these people screaming "OMG!!!111 YUR A CAMPERLOLOLOL!!1 WHAT A N000BROFL!!" after you own them 6-7 times in a row. As long as you're not camping the enemy UCB, or camping the Helipad/Runway, camping should be allowed.

Comment

Offensive or defensive camping, yes. However playing Dalian plant, PLA as commander and seeing fully half your team hanging around in the hanger is pretty bloody annoying. Also having some arsehole flashbanging you as you take off is just as bad as TK'ing IMO and should be dealt with.

EDIT

Thinking about it, I like the way Red Orchestra [UT2004 mod] handles vehicles.... You can only drive a tank if you are the tank driver class... limited number of course. Though obviously this brings with it its own problems.

Comment

Nothing wrong with campers, as long as they do not basecamp. Whether it's their own base, or the enemy's.

It can't be helped people want to fly choppers and planes often. They think they can gain more points waiting for an aerial vehicle than by going to the field and get some kills. The only thing I hate about vehicle campers, is that they die within the three seconds after take-off half of the time.

Comment

chopper whores suck in general. Grow some balls and fight on the ground

Comment

Camping is a legit tactic- yes, I'll agree, but in any case- it is a bit hard on someone who just popped fresh from the spawn-tube. I think this is a good idea- at uncapturable bases- when people spawn there- they are rendered invulnerable for about 10 or so seconds; this could at least make it a bit fairer for those who want to spawn in peace and get into the actual battle at some point without someone killing them the moment they've come back. There should be at least a safe-zone to curb that problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X