patch wants 3000mb, i have 62.5gigs free, wont let me patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patch wants 3000mb, i have 62.5gigs free, wont let me patch

i just bought BF2, installed, restarted pc, downloaded the 1.12 patch and ran the patch. it says i dont have enough space [3000mb] to patch. which is the most bs thing ive heard from a patch ever. i have 62.5 gigs free in the D: drive, which i installed it to. In my C: drive i have 1.36 gigs free. I saved the patch into the D: drive so it shouldnt need to do anything with the C: drive anyways right?

Anyways, i just got BF2 for myself for christmas, i got this patch telling me nonsense, i havent been able to play it. How can i fix this? Please let me know and also someone somehow get the same answer over to the developers. I feel we have to fix more things than they do, but they get paid and we dont.

Re: patch wants 3000mb, i have 62.5gigs free, wont let me patch

Your C-drive is just 1.36GB it should be 3.3+GB in order to install.

Comment

Yeah, it has to patch the Battlefield 2 game files and all of that, which is in your program files, on your primary drive.

So, you may have some cleaning up to do

Comment

The 3 gigs are needed to decompress all the game files so that they can be updated.

Comment

Hi, here is a trick:

1. Press Start menu and select Run.

2. Type 'regedit' in the prompt

3. Open the following plus signs: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion

4. Once in the CurrentVersion folder look on the righthand side and doubleclick the 'ProgramFileDir' and rename the C:\Program Files to D:\Program Files. As you have free space on this drive it should let the patch work, you may need to create the Program Files directory on the D:, I'm not sure.

5. Once you've patched don't forget to switch it back to the C:

This methos certainly works, I used it.

Comment

Says Its disabled by my administrator.. but I never remeber disabling it. Is there anyway to get it enabled? It's not in my account options.

Comment

If your not the computer administrator then i don't think it will let you.

Comment

Thats the thing, I am the administrator

Comment

Working...
                X