Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't reinstall the game

Hello,

The drive I have BF2 installed on temporarily crapped out while I was trying to install the patch after installing Special Forces a few weeks ago. The drive magically came back to life a few days ago, so I tried to uninstall the game and expansion pack to begin a clean install. I was unable to uninstall either, so I deleted their directories and removed everything I could find from the registry. I've also deleted the uninstall entries from the registry, but Battlefield 2 is still listed in Add/Remove Programs. When I try to install the game, I get the cd splash screen, click on Install, and the InstallShield Wizard opens. It runs through the Preparing to install progress bar and then closes without doing anything further. I've tried deleting my temp directory and have double-checked that there are no traces of bf2 in the registry.

Does anyone have an idea of what I should do to be able to get the game installed again?

Re: can't reinstall the game

I had this issue about 2 years ago with ghostrecon, do a cleansweap on that harddrive and reinstall everything.

Comment

hey same thing has happened to me.
      but ive got tons of stuff on my hard drive which i cant backup and so i dont want to lose it all when i clean sweep. sure i cant just get the install folder of the discs or something?

Comment

Everything you need is in the stickies found in the SUPPORT forum.

Comment

Moved.

Comment

there is a hidden folder on your hard drive (youll need to go into the preferences & make sure you can see hidden folders, also uncheck the box that says hide protected operating system files) called installshield insallation information (itll be in c:\program files) inside that folder there are more folders with gibberish names.. you need to find the one for bf2 mine is called {04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B} butr yours may be different... just double click the setup file to see what pops up (cancel after you see what it is). once you find the one for battlefield 2 (make sure its bf2, special forces has one also) delete just the bf2 folder & try to reinstall

Comment

man supa fly u rule if i had any money id give it to you.. lol thnx now i can play..

very grateful

Comment

Working...
              X