• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you know what CAL is?

Whats better CAL or TWL?

Comment

Originally posted by -{DFA}-Brak710
      Anyways, Yes I have played in the CS division of CAL, cool, but CPL was/is better.
      CPL is totally a different story. CAL is a part of CPL, in other words, u can say CAL is the amateur online version of CPL. CPL is a pay to play LAN tournament around the world, while CAL is just an online league in which there're alot of kids who love to claim they are professional gamers, but entirely have no idea what scheduled matches mean. "omg my fav tv show started", "i gotta go to bed", or "wtf!!11! hax0rz!!!" when there are some real hacking going on in a match, the CAL-ac admins just close the other team's dispute for only one reason: too lazy to review the demos.

Originally posted by wisedude
      2 years ago i was really into cal for cs 1.6. I enjoyed it a lot, and I belive i was in Cal-M but I'm not sure
      idk about other divisions, but imo CAL-cs started to be lamer and lamer since s13/s14. it was ok before, but all in all, CAL is still a successful online gaming league, compared to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Raze
        CAL league play is far more exciting than playing with a few friends in a pub if enjoy learning new skills, tactics, improving your game + team play...
        Yeah new tactics like dolphin diving, noob toobing, C4 chucking, and anything else you'd like to exploit in the game.

Comment

Thats fine for clan members but what about the people who dont belong to a clan and dont want to be in one. I like getting my points in the pubs but its fustrating when Im hung out to dry, you know. I sometimes go half the game and dont see another player from my team so Im left to defend, attack, ambush, and get killed by the other team. I have some people I sometimes squad up with but we still see the same thing. The other players, squads, seem to vanish when the fighting starts. I just was wondering if there is a place where people like me can play. (Im sure Im not the only one) Thanks...... Red

Comment

LOL 8v8. LOL 12v12.

Go make it 16 vs 16 then you can say you have a proper bf2 league.

Lol. 8v8. What will they think of next...

lol.

Comment

When they say 8v8, does that mean infantry only? If not, I really don't see the point.

Comment

no only 5vs5 is infantry only. well in twl that is

Comment

Originally posted by MackTheKnifeAU
                  LOL 8v8. LOL 12v12.

Go make it 16 vs 16 then you can say you have a proper bf2 league.

Lol. 8v8. What will they think of next...

lol.
                  what the hell are you LoLing about.....there are 16 player versions of every map

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
                    Yeah new tactics like dolphin diving, noob toobing, C4 chucking, and anything else you'd like to exploit in the game.
                    Tactics meaning things like squad jumping which obviously you don't know how to due cuz you're a hater.
                    Safe spawning - have someone preferbly a medic stand back as a safe spawn to capture a base.
                    Suicide spawn - Commit suicide and time it to cap a base that one player is flanking to.

Each map also has 1st base attacks, kits to take and bases to defend... Wreck, it seems like you've been pwned one to many times is why you're hatin (sry).
                    The patch will take care of this.

Originally posted by Jones[31stMEU]
                    Whats better CAL or TWL?
                    CAL = Better run, more excitement, harder to be the best and this league teams stay around much longer, you become known and their forums are a great place to learn and meet new peeps.

Originally posted by shafik
                    When they say 8v8, does that mean infantry only? If not, I really don't see the point.
                    8v8 usually includes a tank and most if the time an APC along with it... You find some maps that have heli’s too so it’s good to find skilled tankers and heli pilots but necessary on all maps.

zenn aka raze #EZ5

Comment

Nope, I still don't know what CAL means or TWL for that matter. So is someone going to answer the original thread post.

Comment

Originally posted by Keiffer
                        Nope, I still don't know what CAL means or TWL for that matter. So is someone going to answer the original thread post.
                        CAL = Cyberathlete Amatuer League

Comment

Working...
                        X