I still Haven't Bought SF!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still Haven't Bought SF!!

Hey guys, I just wanted to know how you all like the BattleField2 SF? I still havent bought it. I dont think its worth it, I mean I have this original BF2 why buy thr SF? Is that game all about Team work you can just go and run off and do your own stuff? Plus I heard that Dice is going to release the 2 expansion packs spring time 2006. I think instead of expansion pack they should just make one big update I hate spending money on expansion packs and they arent even that good. Its better to download and not spend money. Everytime im at the store looking at the SF its just doent do it for me for some reason, Im not excited about it all. What do you guys think about it?

Re: I still Haven't Bought SF!!

dude i think your wrong, SF is amazing, the maps expand by eight including warlord (karkland 2) and Ghost Town (snipers paridise) as well as iron gator kick a@@ and surge and mass destruction personally i dont like the night maps but i think if i got used to them i would and the addition of new weapons, the SAS medic (g36e) owns and using it on BF2 vanilla is amazing as well as the others fn200 and the rest of the g36, the flash bangs on karkland GET IT

Comment

so not all maps night ?

Comment

no not all the maps are night i think maybe 4 of them are night.. at least 4 i can remember

Comment

Yeah the night maps kind of suck, only playable ones are Night Flight and Leviathon, the day maps are pretty good, but some are ruined by helicoptors and inadequate Anti Air defence. (But that is no different from BF2)

I enjoy SF, and like many of the new maps, Warlord and Surge are very popular.
          Grapple Hooks and Ziplines are very cool, and having to check each building roof top makes for very exciting gameplay.

I would buy it again, knowing what I know now about it. Definately worth every penny.

Comment

is teh game totally different? DO you have to play as a squad or can you go on your own? and is the ranking system different aswell or does it go to the original BF2?

Comment

it's still BF2, you don't have to be in a squad, but as in BF2 it pays to do so.

But although it is still BF2, it is very different. Points you earn, count towards your global score. Weapons you unlock in SF, can only be used in BF2 (don't ask me why)

Comment

I heard somewhere SF is really laggy or like you get less FPS than in vanilla BF2. Is this true, or was it just for one person?

Comment

Originally posted by whitesti
                  Hey guys, I just wanted to know how you all like the BattleField2 SF? I still havent bought it. I dont think its worth it, I mean I have this original BF2 why buy thr SF?
                  It's cool, you can buy it. It's not a rip-off, like 'Road to Rome' and 'Secret Weapons'. EA may be a fascist conspiracy; they do seem to learn, though I'm not sure how.

Buy it dude, it's only $20, and its a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ToastyToast
                    I heard somewhere SF is really laggy or like you get less FPS than in vanilla BF2. Is this true, or was it just for one person?
                    'depends'

I think it's a bit more laggy. Will probably be solved in the next patch, as usual.

Comment

$20? Ive seen it everywhere priced at $30.

Comment

You're totally right, sorry to get everyones hopes up, $30 it is.

That's about EUR 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlab37
                          iron gator kick a@@
                          Three words that should never be in the same sentence...

Have you played Iron gator on a 64 player server???

If i could go back in time i would unbuy SF as i mostly play vannila, but then again some maps make it redeemable (Night Flight is easily the best map ever made)

Comment

Is it just me, or does there seem to be more teamwork in SF?

There is nothing more satisfying than leveling a wall with grappeling hooks with your squad mates

Comment

Originally posted by PsYcHo.KiLLa
                              Is it just me, or does there seem to be more teamwork in SF?

There is nothing more satisfying than leveling a wall with grappeling hooks with your squad mates

that and seeing five ziplines rolling down an enemy position....oh god *orgasm*

Comment

Working...
                              X