Servers moving you multiple times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servers moving you multiple times

Just finished a round of dragon valley. I was havin a fair round as china capping as many flag possible for my team. In the mean time killing as much as i could. Suddenly i get moved by the server for no apparent reason leaving me as USMC to cap back all the flags i just took.

Took a deep breath did my utmost again....... to be moved to USMC to start all over again

In the end to complete my misery USMC lost te game by 5 points :cry:

Don't you hate it when that happens?????

Re: Servers moving you multiple times

OMG i get so ****ed, i can be in a squad and on TS with my mod team playing or other clans then get switched over. AHh frack i just want to throw the game out my window.

Comment

I honesly don't see what the issue is. So it switches you sides, **shrugs** the server is likely set to autoballance the teams. And likely you were switched because people left the game, and I would be suprised if they left becasue they were owning the other team to the point that it was no longer fun. Unless your panties are in a wad regarding having your kill death ration fuxored, you don't loose points for being on the loosing team, and you can always earn more points for capping those flags back. . .

Rev

Comment

Be a squad leader....

Comment

yea, if you notice the teams are uneven and you might get switched. Create a new squad so it doesn't happen.

It's stupid to be on the winning team, then get switched to the other team that doesn't know what to do. I usually spend a few minutes getting back to my team. Or leave the server, refuse to spend that much time helping 1 team, then get stuck on the retard team.

Comment

I would have to agree with you that you can earn more points by capping back those flag. Still to me it is quite frustrating, especialy i am close to having a win/loss ratio of 1. I know some of you are ROFL about this figure but to me it is a goal i want to achieve. Gotta strive for something right.

Comment

For me it's not about the points. They are a side effect of rocking =P

But to say "I don't see what the big deal is" makes no sense. The big deal is that the game is immersive and your objective is to win. Not to get points. Those are your teamates, not bots. Sometimes I'll leave after getting switched because I don't want to start killing "my own guys". The first time that I stayed I said to everyone so my old team would hear "This hurts me more than it does you. Believe me." as I picked them off. Obviously I was half joking, but still sucked. Although I did provide great intelligence for my new side.

For some reason I always get switched over to whatever team is opposite the USMC. I dunno why but I'd rather attack then defend, which is completely a mindset because obviously both are attacking/defending.

Comment

If they are gonna move somone...make it so the lone wolfs, who wont squad up, get bounced. It just So sucks when ur on a good squad and they move you. OR...if ur the squad leader and it happens. A real issue , I think.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Revrend
                  I honesly don't see what the issue is. So it switches you sides, **shrugs** the server is likely set to autoballance the teams. And likely you were switched because people left the game, and I would be suprised if they left becasue they were owning the other team to the point that it was no longer fun. Unless your panties are in a wad regarding having your kill death ration fuxored, you don't loose points for being on the loosing team, and you can always earn more points for capping those flags back. . .

Rev
                  The issue is that some of us are actually playing in a squad with our friends. Teamwork is crappy enough on pub servers to force someone to not only leave their squad, but all their friends who are on TS. Switch the "lone wolfs" over if you need to even the teams... heck, I've been on some teams where we are the ONLY squad and one of our friends get switched. There are only four of us, so it's not like we are a clan pubwhoring. I think the team switching is a result of tk's anyway... seems like whoever has the most tks or a negative score for teamwork will get team switched when the teams get uneven.

Comment

Originally posted by VeNg3nCe^
                    Be a squad leader....
                    its a good idea - save when there are no more squads to be made...

Comment

Well I got moved the other day and i was the COMMANDER !!!!!!

Comment

Are you sure there wasn't more to the move? Like, you got voted out but just didn't see the vote because you were busy commanding? I can't imagine that even BF2 is that bad, but then again, maybe...

Comment

I saw a server that advertised that it would move lone wolfs to autobalance. So my question is: Is there a server setting that allows the admin to select the potential targets to get moved? Meaning, can the server admin exclude people like commander (seems obvious that one), squad leaders and squad members?

Personally I leave any server that does that and I go to another one. There's plenty out there and I don't want to support servers with those kind of settings. Autobalance is fine, of course, but it should only occur at the start of the match (and maybe 2-3 minutes into the match), then assign newcomers on an alternating basis.

Autobalancing to account for people leaving half way through the match is silly to me. By that time the match will be over soon enough anyway and the game can be rebalanced on the new map. Especially since most at that point are leaving because they are losing.

~§ilverfox

Comment

I agree that auto balancing has it problems when you are on a squad. Why Dice didn't set it up to protect those in a squad from being switched is beyond me. Let's promote team work, until you get switched.

The other day I was on a server and an admin decided to kick me to make room from a clan member. I understand that clan members get to play on their own server when they want. But, I was the SL on a squad of 5. Why do that? Yes, most of the clan members when on my team so it's easy to see who is in a squad.

I ended up coming back and eventually got back with my squad, but it seemed to me there was a more logical person to kick, i.e. a lone wolf.

Comment

Working...
                            X