In a bind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a bind

I'm not sure how I should have handled a situation last night. On Kubra Dam, I was in a tank sitting outside the construction site, hoping to cap the flag. There were 3 enemies who kept spawning in the building and I kept shooting them. It felt like a turkey shoot and I kept thinking I should get out and try to take the flag, but at 3-1 odds I would have probably been killed and they would have taken the tank.

Was that base raping or was it the only reasonable thing to do? I got killed by a chopper after a few minutes anyway but if he hadn't came along, I don't know how I would have resolved the problem.

In retrospect, they should have spawned as AT but they never did so they were probably newbies but I still felt bad.

Re: In a bind

it's just a game FFS if they don't spawn with spec ops or A-tank then they deserve to die, Guess someone used his cellphone to call the attack chopper now that smart thinkin'

Comment

One man in a tank, cant do anything (unless you can roll straight up to the flag)...

If it was me....

Nuke away (its not like its the only place to spawn).... and call for backup, so somebody can grab the flag while you provide cover fire...

If I was on the receiving end.... I would have asked for arty support on your ass, spawned as Spec or AT and nuked your ass...

Comment

The absolute wrong thing to do would have been to get out of your tank. In the time the it takes the flag to come down, you would more than likely have been killed and now the enemy would have had your tank, bad, bad, bad. You did the right thing.

Comment

I would stay in the tank and call for backup and hope a teammate comes along to go in and clear the infantry and cap.

But that's what squads are for.

Get in a squad or create one. Send in squad mates. Flag yours.

But the construction site CAN be a bitch to capture

Comment

It's NOT baserapping if you are capping a flag! It's called defending yourself while you cap the flag!

If they were stupid enough to spawn there more than 2 times, it was their own fault. You did absolutely nothing wrong. . . in fact, you did it exactly right, IMO.

FTR, I also don't think it is baseraping if you are not actually capturing the flag, but defending others while they do. If I am in a tank and people are capping the flag, I sit back and watch for the other team to spawn or come running in thus supporting my team.

Comment

Well, I did call for back up but noone came. I was in a squad whose members just ran all over hell and didn't stay together. I realized later we had NO commander. A real gaggle of a game but I did manage to blow a bunny hopper out of the air with the tank gun in mid hop. I wish I had video of THAT. He went flying!

Comment

Working...
              X