lag in single player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lag in single player

Ok so you know theres a difference between lag and FPS drop. When I lag in bf2 my body, or objects will keep moving at regular fps but I cant control where I go. Well, I everytime I play single player with the computer, that happens once every ten seconds. And its very annoying because its Lan and I cant play like that I keep getting killed. Does anyone know how to stop this or why its happeneing?

Re: lag in single player

can u be more descriptive and post ur specs please.

Comment

ok heres my specs

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
      nvidia 6800gs 256mb
      1gig of ram
      80gig hard drive

Ok, when im playing single player games with the computer bots, I lag. My fps stays the same, but this is what happens. About once every ten seconds, Ill be walking, or moving my crosshair, and Ill lose control of everything for about 1-2 seconds, my body will keep moving, but I cant do anything about it, and when it stops it like resets itself. And its very annoying, this sort of thing happens when Im lagging in online bf2 servers.

Comment

What i don't get is why single player has lag at all, 16 player maps!!!!!!!!!! no internet connection!!!!

Comment

Actually you are online. Try creating an offline account. At least I'm like 95% sure about that. If you're using your online account to play offline, then it still logs online (that's why you can check BFHQ etc). This is what I've read, and may be the source of your lag, but since I'm not entirely sure I thought I'd at least mention it so you can research it. I don't "lag" but I DO stutter regardless of my fps. This happens in most games for me though. Good luck!

Comment

Sacky you only have a gig of ram so try turning your settings down...

When I added my new G card I only had 512ram and boy o boy did it lag in single... Only when I added the 2Gig performance ram could I ramp the graphics up a bit without the lag. Make sure shadows and lighting are on low...

Comment

The problem is called input lag, I've had the same problem myself across various games, lord knows how it was fixed. Googling it up shows that many times it could be fixed by a patch for the game, but it might also be a problem with your machine (chipset drivers, extensive number of input devices etc.).

Comment

Ok, sackynut, are you just playing the 16 player maps in Single Player mode or are you playing a mod that allows more bots and bigger map sizes?

Comment

SP is a bit more CPU intense in most cases, since the CPU has to deal with all AI enemy movements, perhaps that helps.

Comment

That's sort of what I was getting at...the reason they only included 16 player map sizes for single player is because your system could seriously lag out on anything more.

Comment

No that's not why they only have 16 player sized maps. It's because they ran out of time for navmesh rendering. You'd be surprised how much your cpu can handle. My 3200+ can run 100+ bots and a 64 player sized map (Dalian Plant is my test map because the extra size is actually used by the bots). During an interview talked about earlier on this TotalBF2, the Dice developers for BF2 said that a 32 player map takes about 5 days to render the navmesh for. So making a 32 and then a 64, just for one map, would be 15 days of rendering. It would have taken half a year to render the rest of the maps basically, and they simply didn't have time.

The new editor released/being released (think some modders have it now) supposably is coming with tools to create nav meshes and rumor has it that a lot of modders are interested in helping out the Single Player community by taking up where Dice left off. There's even threads of people willing to donate their computers in a SETI project style if someone writes the sharing program. It's really just a matter of time before we can play single player at 100% effectiveness on different sized maps.

Goddamn the modding community kicks ass, doesn't it?

Comment

I stand corrected

Comment

Great I wonder if that 768 ram will hold.

Lower your settings

Comment

Working...
                          X