Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, you can still shoot to avoid being shot at, but you cannot return fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, you can still shoot to avoid being shot at, but you cannot return fire.

"Yes, you can still shoot to avoid being shot at, but you cannot return fire."

From the DICE interview.

Makes no sense at all to me!

Please Explain?

Re: Yes, you can still shoot to avoid being shot at, but you cannot return fire.

There are many words for it, but the most obvious is "stupid".

Comment

Re: Yes, you can still shoot to avoid being shot at, but you cannot return fire.

I think he meant jump, instead of shoot.

Comment

The fact that we are not going to be able to use jump to huck c4, nades, and medipacks is retarded. Just make it stamina based like CS. The current planned fix will result in continued bunnyhopping, it's not even going to fix it! The bunnyhopper will be bouncin around while you empty your clip trying to hit the idiot, then when you're empty he will go prone and cap you. This is what is going to happen, nothing will be fixed, and your ability to throw attributes (C4 and the like) will be gone. Greeeaaaaat! Good job. Makes absolutely no sense. Like I said, enable cs style stamina jumping, leave everything else as is. Add a little bird, more vehicles, more maps...and fix the damn red name bug please!

Comment

The fact that we are not going to be able to use jump to huck c4, nades, and medipacks is retarded. Just make it stamina based like CS. The current planned fix will result in continued bunnyhopping, it's not even going to fix it! The bunnyhopper will be bouncin around while you empty your clip trying to hit the idiot, then when you're empty he will go prone and cap you. This is what is going to happen, nothing will be fixed, and your ability to throw attributes (C4 and the like) will be gone. Greeeaaaaat! Good job. Makes absolutely no sense. Like I said, enable cs style stamina jumping, leave everything else as is. Add a little bird, more vehicles, more maps...and fix the damn red name bug please!
          Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Ever tried throwing something whilst jumping in real life? Doesn't work very well, and it doesn't magically make it go further than if you had planted yourself and thrown it properly. In fact, it'll probably go a lot shorter.

The patch makes things more realistic, for better or for worse. Personally, I think realism > *.

Comment

Originally posted by Nihilist
              Ever tried throwing something whilst jumping in real life? Doesn't work very well, and it doesn't magically make it go further than if you had planted yourself and thrown it properly. In fact, it'll probably go a lot shorter.

The patch makes things more realistic, for better or for worse. Personally, I think realism > *.

as many people said before... this game was not made to be realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by figge
                It's not meant to be a sim, but it is meant to provide a realistic representation of infantry combat. It's not meant to be UT with m16's.

Comment

It is meant to have some realism, or why would DICE take time with coding in:

1) ragdoll physics
                  2) gravity
                  3) appropriate plant life for the middle east and China
                  4) a blue sky
                  5) real guns
                  6) some real factions
                  7) the sun

Comment

I remember the interview said you cannot jump and shoot. I don't recall if it said anything specifically about c4 or mines /other. You don't exactly "shoot" these items. Maybe they will leave them alone.

Also, nothing wrong with some realism in my arcade game.

Comment

I still think you should be able to shoot and jump, just accuracy is crap when you do it

Comment

Working...
                      X