BF2 "griefers" VS CS "griefers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 "griefers" VS CS "griefers"

Well, this topic came up in another thread so I thought it warranted it's own thread. Here's what I originally said:

I know CS is well known for the tardsmacks it attracts. I've played CS since nearly the very begining and have seen lots of 'em but CS honestly pales in comparision to the massive amount of autism that permeates throughout the BF2 community. BF2 was built with the likes of myg0t in mind. The amount of ways that you can grief a player in BF2 is just staggering. CS on the other hand has had quite a number of years of tweaking behind it and most of the major avenues of griefing have been exhausted. All that is left anymore are cheaters, team flashers, tk'ers (most servers disable ff [IMG]images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]) and that's about it.

To sum things up: I feel that I can have a much more enjoyable gaming experience when I join a random CS server as opposed to BF2 where nearly every server is overrun with griefers. Even the BF2 servers that I'm a regular on have high amounts of griefers. Due to the nature of BF2 however, it's difficult to admin the game, especially when the admin is in a jet.

Re: BF2 "griefers" VS CS "griefers"

Once again, our experiances in BF2 seem to be drasticly different. I don't see griefers in nearly every round, as you say. In fact, I rarely see griefers at all.
    This could be because I play on only a handful of favorite servers where I know the admins are on-the-ball and the player base is made up mostly of regulars that are interested in good teamwork and fun games.

That said, of cource BF2 is more vunerable to griefing than CS. The reason is very simple... it's more complex. CS is dead simple (to the point of boring the living crap out of me). As you mention, all you have to do is turn FF off and there's no real way to grief, 'cause there's not much else you can do. If that's the way you messure the quality of a game, I suggest that your perfect game is Quake free-for-all deathmatch. There's no way to grief in that.

It's not BF2's fault that there's idiots out there than like to abuse things. It's the idiots' fault.

Again, I will challange you to quit whinging and start setting a better example. Until you do, you've got no leg to stand on when complaining about anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
      Once again, our experiances in BF2 seem to be drasticly different. I don't see griefers in nearly every round, as you say. In fact, I rarely see griefers at all.
      This could be because I play on only a handful of favorite servers where I know the admins are on-the-ball and the player base is made up mostly of regulars that are interested in good teamwork and fun games.

That said, of cource BF2 is more vunerable to griefing than CS. The reason is very simple... it's more complex. CS is dead simple (to the point of boring the living crap out of me). As you mention, all you have to do is turn FF off and there's no real way to grief, 'cause there's not much else you can do. If that's the way you messure the quality of a game, I suggest that your perfect game is Quake free-for-all deathmatch. There's no way to grief in that.

It's not BF2's fault that there's idiots out there than like to abuse things. It's the idiots' fault.

Again, I will challange you to quit whinging and start setting a better example. Until you do, you've got no leg to stand on when complaining about anyone else.
      Yes, CS is dead simple but when it comes down to it the facts are that there are less griefers in CS than BF2. You can criticize CS all you want but those are the facts to which even you agreed to. And yes, I do measure the quality of an online game by the amount of griefers it has.

I'm not looking for a challenge. I will continue playing the game as I always have. I'm not necessarily whining, more like exposing the truth about what goes on in BF2. Just because you have good games of BF2 does not mean there are not other people out there who have total ****e games. Stupidity is a widespread problem in BF2. Not everyone chooses to play on the same servers all the time like you. There's plenty of people that just want a quick and casual gaming experience and don't have the inclination or time to invest in a particular server.

"It's not BF2's fault that there's idiots out there than like to abuse things. It's the idiots' fault."

Contradiction.

"That said, of cource BF2 is more vunerable to griefing than CS"

You already agreed that BF2 is at fault for allowing griefers to run rampant. Although I agree that idiots will be idiots regardless of the game, BF2 clearly has some of the worst griefers ever.

Oh yeah, may I add that I don't play like a total jerk in CS. I play clean in CS 100% of the time. BF2 is the only game where I have ever had to resort to griefing to get my fun out of the game. May as well keep the status quo in effect eh? I'm very doubtful that me playing clean in BF2 is going to change or set examples for the rest of the idiots in BF2. The moment I start playing clean is the moment someone n00b ejects me from my jet or runs over my AT mine on purpose. **** that, I'm fed up with that nonsense. You want me to fight an uphill battle. I don't like hills.

Comment

You're obviously a waste of time.
        Too bad.

Comment

you guys are giving me forum grief. who do i report this to?
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Me!

I'm sorry, but I'm just completely sick and tired of this guy's mentality. It's all to common and a major reason that we're screwed as a species. It's rampent in every aspect of sociaty. Blame everyone else for the crap they do, take no responcibility for your own actions, and use "that's the way it is" as an excuse.

We need a good dose of extinction, 'cause humanity is f:censored:ked.

Comment

Me!

I'm sorry, but I'm just completely sick and tired of this guy's mentality. It's all to common and a major reason that we're screwed as a species. It's rampent in every aspect of sociaty. Blame everyone else for the crap they do, take no responcibility for your own actions, and use "that's the way it is" as an excuse.

We need a good dose of extinction, 'cause humanity is f:censored:ked.
              I never said that I don't take responsibility for my actions. My excuse is perfectly valid as well. "That's the way it is". Things can't be changed by just one person. I'm not Jesus. (apparently he didn't have much of an effect on the human race either, this we can perhaps both agree on)

Comment

Done and doner.

Comment

Sounds like arguments about programming languages and OSs; BF2 lets you do more bad things because it lets you do more things. I'll take that over fewer options any day.

I've only played 150 hours or so (mostly on EA official servers) but I don't think I've ever seen a griefer.

Comment

Vomit sees 'em every time, because he is one.
                    He's admitted it time and again, yet insists on complaining about everyone else.

The dude is no better than a myg0t memeber. In fact, I'm starting to suspect that's exaclty what he is. Thus... ignore time.

Comment

Vomit sees 'em every time, because he is one.
                      He's admitted it time and again, yet insists on complaining about everyone else.

The dude is no better than a myg0t memeber. In fact, I'm starting to suspect that's exaclty what he is. Thus... ignore time.
                      I'm not a myg0t. Most myg0ts are proud of their homosexuality gang and will say up front they are one.

Comment

I never said that I don't take responsibility for my actions. My excuse is perfectly valid as well. "That's the way it is". Things can't be changed by just one person. I'm not Jesus. (apparently he didn't have much of an effect on the human race either, this we can perhaps both agree on)
                        You can change you're own behaviour, and that's a change.

And if you can't change anything why do you keep posting your pathetically hypocritical, amazingly stupid, and extremely untrue whinings? It's just the way it is right? You can't change it so why even mention it?

I'm not a myg0t. Most myg0ts are proud of their homosexuality gang and will say up front they are one.
                        Which is one reason I'd PERFER a myg0t on this forum. They are able to admit their "homosexuality" (a very mature way of expressing your opinion by the way) instead of making pointless attempts to defend themselves with arguments they know are BS.

Comment

Originally posted by puglous
                          You can change you're own behaviour, and that's a change.

And if you can't change anything why do you keep posting your pathetically hypocritical, amazingly stupid, and extremely untrue whinings? It's just the way it is right? You can't change it so why even mention it?

Which is one reason I'd PERFER a myg0t on this forum. They are able to admit their "homosexuality" (a very mature way of expressing your opinion by the way) instead of making pointless attempts to defend themselves with arguments they know are BS.
                          I'll change my behaviour when the rest of the BF2 community does so. Until then, stop suggesting that nonsense to me.

The BF2 griefers have driven me into this strange situation. Am I blaming someone else? Yes, because it is a fact. I'm also a hypocrite, That does not mean I cannot express my opinion about the things that are wrong with BF2 from another perspective. You are WAY too interested in silencing my own opinion rather than reading and comprehending what I am saying and realizing that there is something very wrong with BF2 (pubbing in particular).

You can say all the BS you want about you having great games without griefers. The proof that BF2 has a terrible community is RIGHT HERE on these forums (not necessarily the forum goers themselves, although I'm sure all the Einsteins will start pointing at me). Just read all the countless threads started by people that are bitter and fed up with all the griefers in this game. The amount of people that are bitter about the game far outweighs those that are having a good game.

Comment

You're obviously a waste of time.
                            Too bad.
                            Agreed. Why even start the thread if you're not gonna listen to what he had to say ?

Comment

acualy you can't compare the games, they are totaly difirent,
                              CS works in short rounds, bf2 in long rounds.
                              CS, if you are good you will own, BF2 if you are an arswhole (beeing tank whore, noob tube whore, jet whore, spawnraper, main mase raper, you will own .

Comment

Working...
                              X