Rig-Final Assesment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rig-Final Assesment

Well, Well! The big day for getting and playing BF2 is coming!

BTW, I am only 14 so don't tell me to get a new computer.

Here are my specs:
    AMD Sempron 3100+Can be overclocked to 3.1ghz(standard-1.8gh, still faster than an intel at the same speed) It's a pretty good computer It can run BF1942 and BFV very well, I expect the same peformance from BF2.

Ram: 768 DDR ram(close to recommened ram requriments, may buy more ram in 2006)

Free Space: Over 8GB

Video Card: The stinker I have right now-Geforce 2 100/200 MX(2001)
    This was a really good for it's time but now it's time for it to find new life in my dad's workstation computer in his workroom right next to mine.

So what's my Video Card going to be then? I don't know yet, when we go up to Maryland(for christmas) my dad says he is going to buy the video card at Mircocenter or Best Buy. Walmart has a terrible selection of graphics just hate it!

Power Supply- Anyone know this one for my AMD Sempron, the power supply needs to adqueate to run the much more powerful cards of today.

Experinces with other games: Star Wars Battlefront- Lot's of lag, mainly because it's a poorly coded game and wasn't tested well

BFV- Good, no lag fast loading times

B1942- Good, no lag fast loading times

Civlization 4 demo- Good,but old video was kinda of holding me down

Empires Dawn of the Modern World- Good, but some lag due to old video card.

Re: Rig-Final Assesment

dont even bother trying to play BF2 with that card its not supported so BF2 wont even start up!

get the best card you can for your PC if its AGP that means ATI X850 or 6800

Comment

It is AGP. But, my dad will probraly buy a card around the "Geforce 6600 price range" which is 120 to 170.

Comment

I have a 6600gt, it runs BF2 great. Its PCI-Express, but Im pretty sure theres an AGP version. I bought mine for $120 (online retailer) in the store itd prob be at least $150.

Comment

Originally posted by ToastyToast
          I have a 6600gt, it runs BF2 great. Its PCI-Express, but Im pretty sure theres an AGP version. I bought mine for $120 (online retailer) in the store itd prob be at least $150.

Thanks.

Comment

Adding some RAM will help. As for card there is an AGP 6600 just not many left because they dont produce many...so harry up

Comment

Yep. That's awesome

Comment

I'am gettin a 6600gt for christmas, did alot of reasearch on it and most people say it will run bf2 fine..funny how when I goto EBgames to pick up BF2 guy goes" Your computer gonna be able to handle that?" i got yea" and hes like what kinda graphics card you runnin? I'am like 6600gt" hes like "ohh idk about that ur gonna be lookin at about 10-20 fps (after I told him my proccesor and ram)(look in sig). So I goto the counter to get it and the guy up front just says "Don't listen to him he dosent know anything"...just goes ot show you just becuase people have a job at a gamestore don't mean they knock everything....10-20 fps lol.

Comment

Get a job, I got one when I was 14. Now I'm 16 and getting 300£ each month.

Comment

Working...
                  X