Jet Missles Suck??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Missles Suck??

Well i've been doing alot of flyin and today i was gettin my ass whipped. I just started flying but i'm getting better. I notice that the heat seeking missles easily get thrown off the minute you bank hard left or right. i was gettin blown out of the sky by this 1 guy 3 times in a row. the minute i started bankin and continued that bank in a circular motion, he fired all 4 missles and missed. now when i'm on somebodys ass and i'm firing while they're banking, no matter the distance most of the time they all miss. my question is whats the best time to fire these missles or is it just better to stick with the guns?

Re: Jet Missles Suck??

Originally posted by romenyrr
    Well i've been doing alot of flyin and today i was gettin my ass whipped. I just started flying but i'm getting better. I notice that the heat seeking missles easily get thrown off the minute you bank hard left or right. i was gettin blown out of the sky by this 1 guy 3 times in a row. the minute i started bankin and continued that bank in a circular motion, he fired all 4 missles and missed. now when i'm on somebodys ass and i'm firing while they're banking, no matter the distance most of the time they all miss. my question is whats the best time to fire these missles or is it just better to stick with the guns?
    The missles are actually ok imo. You just have to shoot ahead of the target a bit if they are banking. However, the best way to get a missle kill is to stalk your opponent until you are directly behind them. At this close of a distance, you can switch from bombs to missle and start shooting dummy rockets without locking on. You can rest assured that your missles will go wherever you aim your crosshair at when you are so close to the target. It takes two missles to shoot down a healthy jet and it is much quicker (provided you are skilled enough in aiming dummy rockets) than gunning down jets.

Missles will also lock on in mid air after they have already been fired. You have to wait to get the second lock on signal before they will start seeking out a heat source. This allows you to shoot your missles ahead of time to give the other pilot little chance of preparing. Again, it's best to catch someone when they are flying relatively straight.

Comment

I only use the missles on noob pilots. when the other is a decent pilot, then missles are useless. Stick to guns.

Comment

Well, the times that I have been able to shoot other jets down is when they are just exiting a banked curve and starting to straighten out. That is when you want to fire off a couple missiles.

Oh, and the word is Missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
          I only use the missles on noob pilots. when the other is a decent pilot, then missles are useless. Stick to guns.
          You don't have to be a noob pilot to get shot down by missles. If you're a good pilot chasing down another good pilot, you could harass him to the point where he drops his flares which gives you an almost perfect oppurtunity to shoot off your missles. You have to keep in mind that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line and a missle aimed ahead of a banking jet will definitly close the gap alot faster than just aiming at jet flames.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
            You don't have to be a noob pilot to get shot down by missles. If you're a good pilot chasing down another good pilot, you could harass him to the point where he drops his flares which gives you an almost perfect oppurtunity to shoot off your missles. You have to keep in mind that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line and a missle aimed ahead of a banking jet will definitly close the gap alot faster than just aiming at jet flames.
            If they are good pilots like you say all they have to do is start banking and miss the missile...

Missiles are for shootings down noobs only. They are way too crappy to be used on anyone who knows how to manuver.

Comment

Originally posted by Al3x
              If they are good pilots like you say all they have to do is start banking and miss the missile...

Missiles are for shootings down noobs only. They are way too crappy to be used on anyone who knows how to manuver.
              That's what you think. I've shot down plenty of pilots both good and bad with my technique. You can believe whatever you want to believe and keep doing things the tardsmack way.

Comment

Originally posted by romenyrr
                Well i've been doing alot of flyin and today i was gettin my ass whipped....
                switch to boming display mode so you dont set off his alarm, then get behind em and use guns.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                X