Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If EA/Dice is listening on the forums.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If EA/Dice is listening on the forums.......

Then why dont they have a map contest that the winners would have their map included in the next patch. the winner could win a prize and they could have a contest every 3 months or so. i think one of the things missing from bf2 is a variety of maps. the 12 original maps get old as i only really like to play the urban maps. just a thought.

Re: If EA/Dice is listening on the forums.......

Then why did their director choose to lower attack chopper missiles to 8 or lower their hit points? That was HIS decision, a guy from their own company who has never looked at the forums. Have any of you heard of someone request that at all? Shows how stupid DICE really is. They really listen in... um yeah, bullsh!t.

Comment

The choppers are overpowered. And any decent pilot knows this.
      By decent pilots I mean people that cannot be shot down by AA because they know all the emplacements, and are very efficient in maneuvering the heli. I also am talking about the guys that wrap up 50-100 kills with 2-3 death or less during a round. They are absolutely invincible if there are no jets on the map.
      AA is a joke against a good chopper pilot. The all swerve around the heli, and lock on to the sun, or the clouds or whatever.

But maybe it's not even Choppers, jets and tanks being overpowered. Maybe the infantry is simply worthless and underpowered against any armored vehicle and aircraft. I am really missing the shoulder launched stingers... Or some decent FLAK

Comment

DICE read the forums, They're reading it right now.

Comment

Choppers are not invincible if you go hunting for 'em.
          I personally downed 3 BHs on Mash the other night. All with AT round and/or .50 cal.

AA is only effective against choppers, but you have to play smart to use it. Don't stay in them. Stay near them (but not too near). When you see a chopper that isn't obviously lined up on your emplacement scare him into dropping flares. Then fire (once they're gone!). I've put many a chopper down this way.

This is really a very good example of why you can't really scream at Dice for not giving the community what it wants. The community doesn't KNOW what it wants! Not even GOD knows what the community wants!!

Even if the community did know what it wants, it's often a bad idea to listen to them. I've seen games utterly destroyed by the simple fact that most gamers make for horrible game designers.

Comment

Sorry it was not a BH, it was an attack helicopter with extremely accurate gunner, and pilot that knows his stuff.
            I've had tremendous success downing jets with the stingers. But for some reason I keep missing the helicopters. Most my AA kills are jets that I brought down. Most my deaths in AA are from choppers.

I am a good AT soldier, I've hit plenty of choppers with the AT kit, and I've used tons of emplaced weapons to counter the. But this is where the line between the beginner pilots and veterans is drawn. You will not down a veteran attack chopper that really knows the map and keeps shooting you out of nowhere with the TVM. There is NO receipe against such a setup.

I am good in AA emplacements, I know when to shoot my AA, but the pilot would not let me fool him by the lockon tone. I think he was in 3rd person view most of the time lining up for his gunner. That's why he could see the stingers trails and would always flare at the right moment.
            I could have a lock for 20 seconds, if I didn't fire the stingers he wouldn't use his flares.
            BHs I usually bring down with my PKM, or mounted .50. But as I said, I had no chance against those guys yesterday.

But you are right about the community not knowing what it wants.

Comment

Everyone wants to fly the chopper. I hope Dice puts some type of time limit for the chopper. It's hard to fly one when someone keeps hogging it.

Comment

Overpowered... Underpowered... the world isn't black and white.

The helo's power will be adjusted, and overall game balancing will improve because of that. The ability of the helo to exploit his unchallenged TV missile range will be replaced by more interesting gameplay aspects. For a helo being able to take a tank shell and fly away as it is now... no comment. I am glad it's being adjusted.

Comment

Working...
                X