so... dark....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so... dark....

A few weeks ago, I had a crappy system, and I had all the settings on low, I could see and everything was good.

Since I got my awesome system, ive had all the settings on high except dynamics on medium and no antialising or texture filtering. Since then, most places are ok to see, but in places such as indoors, it is literally completely black.

Observe:

these screenshots aren;t even the worst. Inside the boat part of the aircraft carrier and inside those construction buildings it is pitch black and I can't see a thing, and this is veyr frustrating cus i get loadsa people killing me when i didnt see where the hell they came from.

help me please!!! ive put the contrast and birghtness on the monitor to highest and that hasnt helped.

Re: so... dark....

Looks normal to me.

Comment

Looks normal to me as well.

The problem is that turning on lighting and shadows gives you...well...lighting and shadows. You are used to low graphics settings.

When your settings are on low, everything is bright...with no shadows.

So, when you're running with high settings, things CAN looks dark...but it's more realistic.

Some people find high settings puts them at a disadvantage because people are harder to see in the shadows.

here is an example from tweakguides:

Comment

Check your refresh rate. A low rate will darken your picture pretty drastically. Also play around with different settings. I suggest making different profiles* so you don't have to keep optimizing** to compare, which makes comparing almost impossible because of the length of time between seeing them.

*I can post here or PM you about how to do different profiles

**You'll still have to optimize a couple times but once that's done you can jump from profile to profile without a problem

Comment

Working...
        X