Restart computer to restart BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restart computer to restart BF2

Whenever I get out of BF2, I have to restart my computer to get back in. If I don't, it fails to get to initialize, and I just get to see the big BF2 CD loading type screen.

Not a crucial "can't play till it's fixed" thing, but I'd love to fix it, or at least hear that other people have the problem.

One more thing, though I doubt it's neccesary, I tried to post my DXDiag, but it's too big to attatch, so if a mod sees this, you might want to turn up the max size a bit.

Re: Restart computer to restart BF2

You could check your eventlog and see if there are any clues there.

Start->Run->Eventvwr.msc

Comment

Faulting application bf2.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module ~df394b.tmp, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00088c9c.
      (shrug) No clue.

Comment

You could try mounting a mini-image of the game using Daemon Tools.

It could be your CD/DVD drive or the copy protection messing you up.

Comment

Here you go.

/\---Click Link

Comment

Thanks a bunch, guys.

Comment

Hey guys im having the similar problem, how ever instead of getting a error like you did. I get "There is a problem with your connection." I can get into the game But instantly after, there is a "There is a problem with your connection." message and it does not resolve. However i noticed that if i restart my comp, that it works fine, only 1 time of starting up BF2/ BF2SF. Anyway, need help!!! I looked at the posts, and wasn't sure if my problem is the same. How do i exactly make my install cd into an image so that daemon can use it? Help plzzzzzz.

Casp

Comment

We get that alot on our LAN when trying to do a coop. Make sure you're set to cable when you're online, and vice versa. I think that's the main root of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
                  Hey guys im having the similar problem, how ever instead of getting a error like you did. I get "There is a problem with your connection." I can get into the game But instantly after, there is a "There is a problem with your connection." message and it does not resolve. However i noticed that if i restart my comp, that it works fine, only 1 time of starting up BF2/ BF2SF. Anyway, need help!!! I looked at the posts, and wasn't sure if my problem is the same. How do i exactly make my install cd into an image so that daemon can use it? Help plzzzzzz.

Casp
                  Use Alcohol (http://www.alcohol-soft.com/) to create an image of your original disc (trial versions available) or download a pre-made mini-image.

Comment

Nero6 Ultra will also rip ISO files. But Nero 7 does not (or so it seems).

Comment

Working...
                    X