Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jihad jeeps banned on some servers - wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jihad jeeps banned on some servers - wtf?

I was on a server the other night and before you joined on their rules it said something about C4 ramming will get you banned. Now I know it's their server blah blah blah, but c'mon. Does it make you feel better to be killed by infantry on foot C4ing you versus getting rammed with a vehicle with C4 on it?

Whoever posted the thing about primary weapon spamming hit this foolishness right on the head.

Re: Jihad jeeps banned on some servers - wtf?

These types of rules are not allowed on ranked servers afaik.

Comment

This whole game is just getting more and more ridiculous by the minute. Pretty soon all the tardsmack admins and players are gonna ruin the game to the point where it's like Jedi Knight 2 where everyone just sits around looking like a jackass while "role playing".

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
        These types of rules are not allowed on ranked servers afaik.
        And that's why ranked servers reek.

Comment

HAHAHA this rule is soo stupid!!!! omg, I really DONT wanna get banned for that.

Comment

I'd get banned for it, but that's my way.

Comment

I don't do it, so I don't care. I have more respect for players who can kill me with C4 on foot. It takes no skill whatsoever to C4 using a vehicle as the delivery system.

Also, as a side note. Ranked servers CAN have rules such as this. I am not saying they should, but they can. Just FYI

Comment

Originally posted by parish
                I don't do it, so I don't care. I have more respect for players who can kill me with C4 on foot. It takes no skill whatsoever to C4 using a vehicle as the delivery system.

A dead tank is a dead tank. Who cares if it was by jihad jeep or on foot.

Comment

Originally posted by parish

Also, as a side note. Ranked servers CAN have rules such as this. I am not saying they should, but they can. Just FYI
                  And who are you to determine what is skillfull and what's not? I think the idea of putting C4 on a vehicle and taking it into the heart of the enemy is ingenius. It's quite satisfying to take out a full APC with just one crappy jeep. "Jihad Jeeps" are just another tactic/tool to add to your arsenal. If you don't take advantage of this tool then that's fine. Continue being a fool.

Comment

Whatever. What you guys should remember is that you can take out a tank on foot too. Just sneak up to it and don't get run over. 2 c4s anywhere and it will blow I think. Well it will hurt them anyways. If you go on one of those servers then take a vehicle without putting c4 but keep c4 out. Run up close to the vehicle, get out of your vehicle, run to the enemy vehicle, put 2 c4, run away and blow. I guess that should be DOABLE. Do jihad if you want, if you don't like the jihad, well if you see one coming get the hell out of dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by Nihilist
                      A dead tank is a dead tank. Who cares if it was by jihad jeep or on foot.
                      Definitly. A kill is also a kill no matter how it was accomplished. Malcom X said it best: "By any means nessecary".

Comment

Originally posted by skitzo
                        Whatever. What you guys should remember is that you can take out a tank on foot too.
                        The most effective method of owning a tank is a carbomb. C'mon guys, as if I need to remind you of the news. It's stealthy, quick and has a deceptive aspect to it -- a crappy defenseless jeep. Just think of it this way: that tank that you refused to carbomb cause you were a moral tardsmack with a stick up your ass is gonna kill atleast 10 of your teammates. It's either you or him and you may as well use the tools that are given to you for the job. I've gone on rampages before where I've bombed atleast 15 tanks in one round. How many of my teammates do you think each tank would have killed were it not for my carbombs?

Comment

Yes. A spawn killing tank that kills anyway that uses an Eryx before they get to use it, and has 3 supply drops next to him is perfectly legal. However blowing it up with some c4 and using a car to aid you is not.

Its not hard to shoot a car FFS if your a tank.

My advice ? Get out of that server.

Comment

I have noticed an increase in the number of servers with stupid rules such as this one. Also, what is up with the "no bunny hopping" thing? I learned how to do it while getting owned by a bunny. I just added it to my arsenal, and learned how to defend against it. Personally, I feel that all of those server's rules aren't "rules" at all. They are simply excuses for constantly powned admins to become kick happy noobs. A kill is a kill in a game, or in real life. However, this is a game and unlike life it should not be full of rules.

Comment

Lets just make the BF2 Geneva conventions.

Comment

Working...
                              X