Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players with abnormally large font names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players with abnormally large font names?

I read the thread about the localization files and how you can change the color/size of the fonts which display the in-game messages to players. However, that thread covered changes that only YOU would see.

For a while I have been wondering how some people have formatted their player name in such a way that it appears in a really big font or in another color. I tried the same tricks which are listed in the localization thread (just read it - it's too long to explain. it's only about a week old) and I was able to accomplish my goal in a local single player game but the same changes have no effect in an online game. It's not that I want to broadcast my name in big print; I am just darn curious how they did it!

Maybe the answer is right in front of me and this whole question is lame but, I'm sorry, I haven't been able to figure it out. Anyone help???

TheDR

Re: Players with abnormally large font names?

i wonder that too....its hella annoying though.

Comment

I'm not sure how it's done, but this is getting ridiculous. It seems like everyday tardsmacks all over BF2 are coming up with new ways to pee off everybody.

Comment

WHatever u do, don't change ur own font color/size. It may be considered a hack/exploit from EA. Anyways, some servers don't allow different color nicks or different size nicks (kudos to the servers who do, i hate the big orange font). Anyways, on teh other hand, i have no idea at all how to do it.

Comment

It's not a hack, just a few letters in your prefix.. considering it was enabled by Ea to be put in the game, they allowed it. Most servers classift them as hacks. I know a fella that got perm banned because the admin thought he was hacking. Its not a hack. Its a glitch put into the game by the developers, and until they remove it, its not illegal unless the server rules say they are. Basically you'll either have to live with it or go on a server that doesn't allow them.

1. Go into your "my documents folder" and from there go to Battlefield 2\Profiles
          2. From there open up "Global.con" with notepad and change the line that says GlobalSettings.setNamePrefix to GlobalSettings.setNamePrefix "§3"
          3. Go into BF2 and get to the login screen
          4. At the top of login screen it should say §3 if it doesnt you ****ed up somehow. Anyways dont edit it, just log in normally

Also, a few other chars do special stuff:
          §0 doesn't show up as anything (hidden)
          §1 doesn't show up as anything (hidden)
          §2 makes text bigger
          §3 makes text bigger
          §4 doesn't show up as anything (hidden)
          §C turns text orange and hides the next three letters in the nick, including the clantag

COMBOS:
          §C§3§0 turns text orange and does not show a clantag or hide any letters in the nick
          §3§C§0 makes text large and orange, and only hides the first letter of the nick.

From what I've seen, only noobs do this thing to draw attention to themselves, you'll look like a total idiot and you'll be ragged except by those who ask " zOMG colour NICK ZOMGLOL!!!!111!!! I WANT ONE ENEMEY BOAT SPOTTED LOL HOW, I WILL HELP YOU KILL SOME PEOPLE!!!!11!!!! IF U TELL ME".

Comment

Originally posted by shpox

From what I've seen, only noobs do this thing to draw attention to themselves, you'll look like a total idiot and you'll be ragged except by those who ask " zOMG colour NICK ZOMGLOL!!!!111!!! I WANT ONE ENEMEY BOAT SPOTTED LOL HOW, I WILL HELP YOU KILL SOME PEOPLE!!!!11!!!! IF U TELL ME".
            Spot on, frakkin atentionwhores that is what they are!

Comment

Ohhhhhhh. Thanks for the info. shpox. I saw some of those combos in Saladforks post about changing the localization file. BTW...what the hell do you call the § symbol and how do you type it?? Is it part of an existing USA key or do you need some foreign keybd mapping? Or is it just part of some goofy font like wingdings?

Prior to writing this post I took the §3 and §3C§ etc. and was able to make my name do funky stuff in single player but the minute I went online to a game it went back to normal. The way I got it to work in single was to add the extra char string to my name in profile.con like this:

LocalProfile.setName "§3username§3"

But I have no clue why it didnt work online. Was it the wrong file, wrong syntax, a server side setting... I dunno. Do you? So where on the kybd is this § char?

TheDR

ps. I dont want to do this to my name online. As I said, I was just perplexed on how it has done. Does this work in other games? Is the § a universal for font size or color?

Comment

My advice to anyone wanting to do this is, don't do it... It annoys people and kick votes may start to get you off the server. Also it doesn't make you look cool, but rather a bit of an attention seeker.

Comment

§ = alt+0167 if you must know. Thes characters can be found in the windows character maps. Though I suggest don't do this as its just annoying.

Comment

i had that for a while, everyone would b****

Comment

Working...
                    X