thank you AA rockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you AA rockets

well i got my first ban today and it was all thanks to AA rockets . i was playing MEC and had a lock on a US chopper so i shot 2 rockets at it then didnt use chaffs and my rockets shot down 2 of my teams aircrafts ?? now dont you think something has to be done about things like this .

Re: thank you AA rockets

Yeah, happened to my last night as well. I was in an AA tank shooting at a enemy attack heli when they veered off and smacked into a friendly blackhawk. The AA sucks, it's been said many times. There is a recent post from EA that says they are working on the AA for the next patch. Of course, they said they did this with the last patch... hopefully they get it right this time.

Comment

When you watch your AA head off to a friendly aircraft and hit it dead-on without any problems (even though there was no lock on the friendly) it really makes you wonder what the hell Dice is doing. I'm no programmer, but cmon this is really crazy.

It is really sad, here we are months and months later, and it still sucks as bad as ever, even though the last patch says they made it better

Comment

This is why you have to use anti-tank to take down the choppers. Oh wait, cant use that either. Use the tank. Oh wait, cant use that either. Stingers? Nope.

I try to stay off maps that have air vehicles until 1.2 comes out. I remember getting in a helo for the first time as a gunner and just loved it. Then I realized we were practically invincible. I rarely get in a helo anymore unless I'm parachuting out to cap a flag or venture into some other mission. It's just not even close to being fair.

It's funny though that the guys in choppers think they are good. It's like watching a guy beat the crap out of a girl. Yes, you won the fight. But was it a fair fight?

The 1.2 patch has to come with one extra feature: wipe out all stats. Let's see those little girls earn their stats now.

:-)

Comment

You guys think AA missle locks are bad? I use enemy AA to my advantage quite well. ex: (this is a scenario that happens often) I'm chasing down some tard in a jet through his USMC carrier and the Essex guy decides to launch all his missles at me while I drop flares at the last second. Unfortunately for my victim, 9.9/10 for some incredibly crazy and retarded reason, even though I'm right behind the nubasaurus n00b in my jet, the Essex AA missles hit the guy I'm chasing and injure/blow him up.

What's worse is when the roles are reversed and I'm getting chased through my carrier. I've gotten blown up so many times by my own Essex AA that I don't even bring jets to my carrier anymore. This also works if you are in a 3 man dog fight (3 jets right behind each other). You're in the middle chasing some floptard and the guy behind you shoots his missles but you drop your flares at the last second and they veer off course and hit his buddy in front of you. I've done it several times and It works like a charm.

Now the really strange thing is that sometimes, you don't have to drop flares for enemy AA to veer off and hit your victim! I really do not know how it works out. The whole damn system is a pile of festering poopoo; for my victims anyway.

Comment

I actually feel bad for whoever wrote the missile tracking code. There's simply no way that the behaviour could have been intentional. An oversight, miscalculation, or other form of "oops" is no-doubt the culprate.

Being a guy who'd accedently unleashed and oops on an unsuspecting player base, myself, I can relate to how he must feel. I mean, I only managed to tweek off a few hundred fans/players. He's annoyed the living f:censored:k out thousands!

What's worse is I also know something about EA policy. Dice works on what EA tells them to, nothing else. If Dice wants to make a change to AA missile tracking, they have to first file premission to do conceptual work on a patch. Then they must include enough in that patch to make it a justifiable release. EA either says yes, no, or "that sounds great but we want you to do something completely different. Assuming that EA greenlights the patch proposial, next come the time budgeting. This is about the point where most of the intended features of the patch will end up being cut.

Basicly it works like this:
            Dice needs to fix missiles.
            EA requires more than just a missile fix to release a patch.
            Dice comes up with a list of items that also need attention.
            Ea Ok's it and sends them off to do a time budget.
            Dice comes back with the time budget done.
            EA doesn't like the time budget. Too much time and too much money. The edit the proposial and send it back.
            1 month later the patch is released.
            Patch contents: The "EA Message of the Day" has been upgraded.

Comment

Working...
            X