Clear All

• Re: Why exploiting the BF2 squad system sucks

Originally posted by FatBack
    and here
    :laugh: Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrown
      Oh my.... as we can see, Terroser does not even TRY not to fall into category one, again accusing me of being afraid of losing.

Well I explained why BF2 is fast enough and that squadleader spawning alone - without cycling - would be far enough.

No it's up to the "fast pace" people to explain where the "long ways" in BF2 are and why they end up standing alone in the base in a clanwar so that they have to walk - sounds like very bad planning to me...
      Hey I'm not they guy who started category with one and 2 and saying are you afraid so..

no I have givin enough of reasons so..
      read the topic

Comment

Originally posted by Terroser
        ahah nothing to say anymore because it's now a feature instead a bug :laugh:
        Oh? Is it?
        You've got an official statement from DICE? Nice!
        (w0000t note the rhyme )

I can assure you that the DICE devs are well-known for patching games the way THEY intended them, even against pressure from the community, so let's just wait what we'll see in future patches.

Until then, I'd like to see a sophisticated discussion about gameplay going on, without people accusing others of whining because of being unable to win otherwise. (Yes I know I am dreaming)

Comment

Oh? Is it?
          You've got an official statement from DICE? Nice!
          (w0000t note the rhyme )

I can assure you that the DICE devs are well-known for patching games the way THEY intended them, even against pressure from the community, so let's just wait what we'll see in future patches.

Until then, I'd like to see a sophisticated discussion about gameplay going on, without people accusing others of whining because of being unable to win otherwise. (Yes I know I am dreaming)

Yes and it take 8 months to fix it right?? :laugh:
          and the only pressure they will get is from???

you and wargimp !! sorry

I have my opinion and you yours..
          and as you see nobody will change his mind.

and here: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=26

Comment

Yes, you have an opinion, but you have no arguments concerning gameplay to support your opinion!
            That's the difference, and that's why the discussion is starting to get boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Terroser
              Yes and it take 8 months to fix it right?? :laugh:
              and the only pressure they will get is from???

you and wargimp !! sorry

I have my opinion and you yours..
              and as you see nobody will change his mind.

and here: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=26
              They'll get pressure from me, as well. There are others who also don't like this tactic.

Comment

Wow, you guys are seriously retarded, this is what makes BF2 BF2, and not bf1942. No needto walk a mile to get into battle anymore....and when you need help capping a flag, just make a squad and invite a bunch of people.

Comment

OMFG my old thread has exploded, YAY

ALL "pro squadhopping" postings can be divided into the following two categories:

Category 1: "You just whine because you are afraid to lose!!!11"
                  These are the people who don't care about gameplay but only about their own advantage. They cannot imagine that someone else is NOT thinking about his personal advantage but about gameplay, so no matter what you say, they'll accuse you of being afraid to lose.

Category 2: "Uhmm... I like the fast pace and... people had to walk MILES if you removed it!"
                  Well these are some real arguments at least, but they're still wrong.
                  Those people are unable to seperate between proper usage of the squadsystem and exploiting it. They don't seem to see the fact that you could STILL spawn on your squadleader, it's just that you have to decide who should take that role, instead of that dull "the last one surviving is always the squadleader" cycling tactics.

There are much more vehicles than in BF1942, the vehicles are faster, AND you can STILL spawn on your squadleader even without cycling. It's absolutely ridicolous to say that "walking long ways" would still be a problem in BF2 (as it was in BF1942) with squadcycling being removed.
                  Ok you're arguing on the basis that EA never intended for us to be able to switch squads at any time.

When did they ever commit to that line of thinking? I'll tell you. Never. If they did not want players to be able to switch squads at any given time, they would have ensured that the ability to do so was not in the game. Stop trying to make this damn game a simulation. It's not, and never was meant to be.

I'm not hear to tell you how this game is supposed to be played, but I'm tired of the amount of people trying to change this game to suit their needs. If it were up to me, I'd like to see the helicopters fly the way they did in Desert Combat, but they don't, and I can live with that. If more people would just accept some of the aspects of this game, we could all get back down to just playing it. The last round of complaints did get the game changed with a whole new whack of problems.

Shut up for awhile.

LOL WarGimp....you're the biggest whinner here.

Comment

Originally posted by DNC Q
                    Ok you're arguing on the basis that EA never intended for us to be able to switch squads at any time.

When did they ever commit to that line of thinking? I'll tell you. Never. If they did not want players to be able to switch squads at any given time, they would have ensured that the ability to do so was not in the game. Stop trying to make this damn game a simulation. It's not, and never was meant to be.

I'm not hear to tell you how this game is supposed to be played, but I'm tired of the amount of people trying to change this game to suit their needs. If it were up to me, I'd like to see the helicopters fly the way they did in Desert Combat, but they don't, and I can live with that. If more people would just accept some of the aspects of this game, we could all get back down to just playing it. The last round of complaints did get the game changed with a whole new whack of problems.

Shut up for awhile.

LOL WarGimp....you're the biggest whinner here.
                    I'm in love with you lolz :laugh:
                    just joking..

@mrbrown how do you know EA/ Dice wanted this way :laugh:
                    you don't even work for them

the only , what I would say is this http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=26

it's arguments and a fact!!! :laugh:

ANd yes it's my opinion.
                    but my opinion is build on arguments.

by telling why it's a good systeem :laugh: ownd

Comment

Originally posted by Arkasha
                      They'll get pressure from me, as well. There are others who also don't like this tactic.
                      whoo 3 persons..
                      from how many hahahah :laugh:

I'm scared

You don't even like that somebody is better then you and owing your clan or public(if you are in a clan)

because you are tottaly crushd by those people :laugh:

I love this topic

*Bookmark*

Comment

Working...
                      X