Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comcast wireless network modems causing problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comcast wireless network modems causing problems?

Has anyone encountered this? Basically since we had a wireless network modem put in the house I have been having problems connecting to servers and refreshing the server page. This has been an on going problem for 2 weeks now. BF2, SF, and all my other online games are scrap as of now. It's not an unofficial router its a wireless network from Comcast. I disable the firewall before logging onto the game each time but still nothing. I get into the server the game freezes with a "There is a problem with your connection" and the lights on the modem go off and the modem basically restarts.

I want to know what is causing this before I downgrade back to a regular cable modem. This has been a royal pain in the ass. EA and Comcast have been no help. I'm on my own.

Please help.

Re: Comcast wireless network modems causing problems?

Nothing works. Could it be that my IP changed when I got a new modem?

Comment

wireless=bad for gaming most of the time..too much noise

Comment

Originally posted by assassinate john
        Has anyone encountered this? Basically since we had a wireless network modem put in the house I have been having problems connecting to servers and refreshing the server page. This has been an on going problem for 2 weeks now. BF2, SF, and all my other online games are scrap as of now. It's not an unofficial router its a wireless network from Comcast. I disable the firewall before logging onto the game each time but still nothing. I get into the server the game freezes with a "There is a problem with your connection" and the lights on the modem go off and the modem basically restarts.

I want to know what is causing this before I downgrade back to a regular cable modem. This has been a royal pain in the ass. EA and Comcast have been no help. I'm on my own.

Please help.

I don't see what your asking. If it's working fine before, then you install the wireless modem and it doen's work anymore, than the answer to what is causing the problem is pretty obvious.

You IP changing wouldn't have anything to do with anything.

Comment

Working...
        X