No announcement yet.

Any1 know when patch will be released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any1 know when patch will be released?

????????????????

Re: Any1 know when patch will be released?

Probably late January. There is no date yet.

Comment

nope they dont give dates..............lol

Comment

hope they dont rush it and fix they things we want. tank speed etc and missiles homing i mean they go for your planes even with a lock.....

be nice to get it over Xmas all the same

Comment

summer 2006 :laugh:

Comment

We've already had 4 patches released (v1.01, v1.02 [1.01 hotfix], v1.03, and v1.12).

For the first patch, they set the release date to the first of August. They then discovered a few more bugs, and were forced to delay it. This was met with LOTS of flaming of EA on forums around the internet.

They took the hint, and now we don't get any release dates any more.

It will be here when it's damn well ready to be here.

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
              We've already had 4 patches released (v1.01, v1.02 [1.01 hotfix], v1.03, and v1.12).

For the first patch, they set the release date to the first of August. They then discovered a few more bugs, and were forced to delay it. This was met with LOTS of flaming of EA on forums around the internet.

They took the hint, and now we don't get any release dates any more.

It will be here when it's damn well ready to be here.

~Salad
              Ya, the first patch was rushed and all it did was prevent the unlocks hack that some servers had, and it brought even more bugs. It was soon recalled, the 1.02 patch was the same as 1.01 except it didn't have as many bugs, still a lot though. 1.03, i forgot whatever that brought to us. 1.12, this update brings SF weapons to BF2 etc. I would actually rather have a good patch in summer 2006 that eliminates ALL known bugs, and gets down on the issues (bunnyhopping, dolphin diving etc.) than one that i rushed, brings even more bugs, and only gets SOME of the issues.

Comment

The full changelog can be found in the support folder of your Battlefield 2 directory. They have managed to fix a LOT, and make many changes that changed BF2 gameplay for the better. Of course, people only focus on the negatives. I mean, at least SOME of you remember the Blachkawks destroying maps, not to mention being able to capture a flag in a few seconds?

And the reason the 1.02 patch was released was because the 1.01 patch was found to have a memory leak which heavily affected servers. It didn't change ANYTHING from the 1.01 patch, other than fix the memory leak.

And if you think the game is buggy now, imagine the poor people who have to test all the patches, who get to see (and have to play with) HUNDREDS of bugs. Most of which are probably more annoying than any of the ones we see now.

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
                  The full changelog can be found in the support folder of your Battlefield 2 directory. They have managed to fix a LOT, and make many changes that changed BF2 gameplay for the better. Of course, people only focus on the negatives. I mean, at least SOME of you remember the Blachkawks destroying maps, not to mention being able to capture a flag in a few seconds?

And the reason the 1.02 patch was released was because the 1.01 patch was found to have a memory leak which heavily affected servers. It didn't change ANYTHING from the 1.01 patch, other than fix the memory leak.

And if you think the game is buggy now, imagine the poor people who have to test all the patches, who get to see (and have to play with) HUNDREDS of bugs. Most of which are probably more annoying than any of the ones we see now.

~Salad
                  True, i never noticed that, but i guess it is true. I'm such a pessimist in life, i mean, it's like this, i finally get the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo (we're talking cars now) i always wanted, but then like a month after i get the car, i start nagging to my wife to decide if we should get the new Corvette Z06. I'm just never content in life.

Comment

Working...
                  X