Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Required number of votes for kicks should be modified based on player's score...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Required number of votes for kicks should be modified based on player's score...

Originally posted by SaladFork
    Oh wow, you were taking off from the runway, and BANG a stupid pilot flew the blackhawk right in front of you. 6 team kills, most of which will probably punish. I would say it's safe to assume your score is at least -20 now. Someone initiates a vote kick, one or two other vote yes, and you're gone. Doesn't seem very just to me.

Not to mention it would have to work in reverse as well. So someone who was statpadding and hit 300 points would be virtually unkickable.

~Salad
    They'd have to want to kick you, and although I've accidentally shot down friendly BHs before (with AA missiles), I've never had a kickvote placed against me for stuff like that.

And so what if statpadders can't be kicked - that's no different than now. Ultimately there could be a cap on the require vote reduction to prevent someone from being able to kick you just by initiating it - although if it got to that point where it was mathematically possible, you would've had to screw up royally and probably deserve it.

Comment

Re: Required number of votes for kicks should be modified based on player's score...

Originally posted by jdrou
      Are you sure that isn't just the sound for a Commander being removed?
      Tested that, no sound file played. :-P But there definately is a sound of a snare drum playing a little ditty for a "demotion" just like you get one when you get a promotion. It's there if you look for it. File name is simply demotion...not sure if it's ogg or wav, but it shouldn't be hard to find if you open some .zip files and sort the contents by name.

Comment

Kick votes never, ever work in BF2. I'm still amazed that people even bother launching a kick vote against someone else. The problem could be fixed quite easily by having a server side setting where you could adjust the % of votes needed to kick someone.

You also can't generalise on the basis someone has -10 then they should be kicked. We all know about the tk system and that you can tk everyone in a blackhawk and its not your fault. You can end up with a -24 or higher if they punish and it was never your fault. EG a plane runs into a blackhawk and you are flying it. Its not your fault and you shouldn't be kicked for it.

BFV had the server side setting of adjusting the % of kick votes required to kick someone. You could actually have a sucessful kick vote in BFV. Why this was not included in BF2 I will never know. This would fix the kick vote problem.

Then there is also the kick vote bug where the last to join initiates a kick vote against someone without even doing it. Then the next to join same thing happens over and over till the round ends.

Your best bet is to play on a server that is well admined. Ask an admin to kick someone for tk'ing. However any respectable admin won't just kick someone because their score is -10 as this can happen easily and may not have been intentional.

Comment

The purpose of the kick vote is to annoy people, and that's it. Other than that it is useless.

Comment

Working...
          X