BF2 actually deleting other games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 actually deleting other games?

Played this game a lot when it first came out. I got distracted by other games and have decided to come back. The wierd thing is that every time Ive installed BF2 and BF2 SF its deleted various necessarry parts of other games I play. It doesnt completely uninstall them but just enough to not allow me to play. Even if I put it into its own folder and even on games that are on completely different hard drives. No other game I install...or software at all for that matter, actually does this. I know its not mistake on my part since Im not doing anything unusual and Ive been uninstalling and installing programs for far to long for it to be some simplistic mistake on my part. Anyone else get this problem?

It gets really annoying reinstalling all of my other actively played gaimes...especially UT2K4 since thats 10 freakin disks! Not to mention getting all my settings dialed again as Im VERY stickler about that. If anyone else has had this problem is there a solution that doesnt involve reinstalling and recostomizing every single thing.

Re: BF2 actually deleting other games?

Clear out your hard drives.

Comment

Time for a virus and spyware scan.

Uninstalling BF2 would ONLY affect other EA games as sometimes some common registry keys are removed.

Comment

I know its not a hard drive problem. I know its not a virus because I scan about 2 times a week and update just as oftent. Also, it did this on my old computer (2 formats ago) one of which was a format without any backups being done. It did it then and it does it now. It doesnt do it when uninstalling it does it when installing. Its definantly something in the game itself, Ive isolated the problem that far.

Comment

Working...
        X