Game lags into a black screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game lags into a black screen

Its been happening for about a week now, never happened before. I'll be playing on a low ping server (including my favorite server, ping is always under 15), and the game will freeze up and go into an all black screen for a good 5-15 seconds, then it will either crash to desktop or I'll just keep playing and it will continue happening frequently. Any idea why it's doing this or how it can be fixed?

Settings are on low with view distance 100% and geometries/effects on medium. My graphics card is a nvidia Geforce FX 5500 with 81.95 drivers, rest of specs are in sig.

Re: Game lags into a black screen

I also started getting this today actually.

I thought it might have been by adding an extra 1GB of RAM.

Weird...Mine doesn't last as long, but it definitely goes black, almost like it's switching resolutions, and keeps me in the game.

I have a ATI x800XL with 5.12 Catalyst

PEACE

Comment

i'm also having this problem, except for me it lags to a black screen and doesn't go back, even though after a few seconds i can hear the sounds of the game. anyone got any ideas?

Comment

started happening to me today... this game is amazing. never seen so much ****

Comment

anyone know whats up with this problem? could it be a punkbuster issue? do we still have to manually update it????????

the game is unplayable for me because of this

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Scurveh
            anyone know whats up with this problem? could it be a punkbuster issue? do we still have to manually update it????????

the game is unplayable for me because of this
            I just manually updated right now.

I will test.

PEACE

Comment

You have the minium requirement of ram I can see.

Only suggestion I can think of is your Ram Maxing out.

Try putting your settings on low (100% view distance) to see if you get the same problem.

Comment

yea had this problem, theres a few things you can try: have you renamed the movie files???save memory at game startup, i was using the 81.95 but it didnt feel stable so i rolled back to the 77.72 and it seems to be working ok, no lagg, have you changed the refresh rate and render file from a 0 to a 1???have you downloaded the punkbuster updater (pbsetup) you need to keep punkbuster updated regularly, make sure you have win xp with service pack 2 and disable virus software before playing the game, also check out http://www.tweakguides.com/ and http://bf2lag.b0x.com/, hope this a bit of help to you????.......

"see you on the battlefield"

Comment

argh, i'm still having this problem.. i updated punkbuster.. i will roll back to old drivers i guess. but this is BS! how does something like this start all of a sudden for multiple people?

Comment

Did you try playing on Low ?

Comment

well i messed something up so i reinstalled everything and put all settings to medium and everything seems fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X