Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF BF3 Came Out..

...I'd buy it

I hope we will be able to blow holes in walls etc eventually in gaming. Also, the exploding tanks and cars in BF2 have really bad animations imo. Its like you at a tank and then boom - you have a completely black pile of stuff that bunces around looks really bad imo.

In conclusion, more realistic explosions, effects and destructable environments. would be soo sweet to ram a tree down only to knock down a tree, or swing the tank barrel into thy enemy

IF BF3 Came Out..

How much do you think the graphics could increase, honestly, I think BF2 looks pretty realistic... the only thing, which pretty much every game has.. is if you walk straight up to a wall, or terrain or anything... it looks all... blurry and spread out and stuff... I just think they have already reached a very intense level of graphics, and there probably couldnt be as much as a jump from 1942 to BF2. What do you guys think?

Comment

Re: IF BF3 Came Out..

Computer graphics will always be evolving... right up till we can't tell the differance between them and reality.

Then we're f:censored:ked.

Comment

You know, people probably used to say the same thing about Super Mario Brothers on the original NES. They were like, omg this is so much better than Mario Brothers, then came doom, quake etc. Don't forget about Trespasser, with the dinosaurs? When that came out I was like, geez, if I could only get an AGP 1X video card I would never have to upgrade again........... As for the future, just think of the Final Fantasy movie in real time. After that who knows, I heard some company even has a helmet they can put on your head and make you smell certain scents.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
          Computer graphics will always be evolving... right up till we can't tell the differance between them and reality.

Then we're f:censored:ked.
          I agree, and look at all the nutjobs we have now

Comment

i would like to see the final fantasy moveis in real time esp the new ones like the ps2 one

Comment

Depends when it would be released, and what technology we'd have then.
              BF2 is already killing the current avarage specs.
              Plus if bf3 would also have an emphasise on solo vehicles (vehicles with only one person maning them), i'll probably pass, not my cup of tea.

Comment

I'd like realistic physics & destructable environments. I mean in BF2 you can still turn a tank barrell so that it passes thru' a brick wall FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by gungho
                  I'd like realistic physics & destructable environments. I mean in BF2 you can still turn a tank barrell so that it passes thru' a brick wall FFS.
                  Dice could fix that easily, by extending the colission mesh to the end of the barrel, but people would bitch about not being able to turn the turret when they are parked in an alleyway.

Comment

ET: Quake Wars comes first.
                    Then you'll see a real teamplay oriented game

Comment

IF BF3 came out, I'd wait a month (at least) for different reviews, and the inevitable patch, untill I considered buying the game.

Comment

Guys, we're not talking so much about gameplay in this thread, but about the visual and physics effects. I personally think that by the time BF3 comes out, Agiea will have a decent market saturation of its Physics processors, or else ATI and nVidia will have perfected their PPUs that are built into the GPUs, which woudl furher increase the saturation of capable computers.

Comment

If BF3 came out im sure it would be just like BF2 and have a sh!t loads of bugs in it

Comment

Originally posted by The 13th Raptor
                            ... but people would bitch about not being able to turn the turret when they are parked in an alleyway...
                            And you can do that IRL? I know not everything in the game isn't life-like, but you can't ask for some things and not others.

Comment

Well guys take a look at it this way.
                              Technology is getting MUCH better and its been increasing faster from 2003-2005
                              Now with SLI and and all that its getting more intense

IMO BF3 will have some REALLLY Realistic graphics and probably the engine will be rebuilt or a whole new one will be put in allowing more stuff

Soon you will have 10gb of ram!

Comment

Working...
                              X