M95: Effective against aircraft armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M95: Effective against aircraft armor

Earlier today I was playing at my home away from home (Gulf of Oman) as a bored sniper on the USMC carrier. I seen a teammate in a healthy jet come flying through the carrier to reload and I decided to shoot him for target practice. Surprisingly, his jet started smoking grey. He was heavily wounded and I got a point reduction for team vehicle damage. I shrugged it off and reasoned to myself that he was already weakened. About 20 seconds later, He comes hovering near the carrier for another reload and I shoot him again. This time he starts smoking black. Unfortunately, he is hovering over the deck so he is quickly repaired back to the grey smoke state and I shoot AGAIN and he's now on fire and decides to bail!!

It came as quite a shock to me that the M95 was so damn powerful when I down my teammate. It's not a gun that I think of as being worth a **** when you are face to face with a vehicle but the M95 is supposed to be an aircraft "disabler" irl due to the extreme power of the .50 BMG round. This may just be another example of the "rock, papers, scissors" mechanics of BF2 at work. By the way, I have to mention that I was not going for cockpit shots. However, in the past I have blown up freshly spawned attack choppers with one well placed shot to the pilots head. I never really put any thought into it and chalked it up to more BF2 weirdness but now I realize how powerful the M95 really is.

EDIT: Please don't give me any moral tirades about tk'ing. I really don't care what you think about me shooting at teammates.

A team killing sniper camping his own carrier, way to be a team player buddy.

Comment

Re: M95: Effective against aircraft armor

Originally posted by PsychoSnowMan
      A team killing sniper camping his own carrier, way to be a team player buddy.
      no ****.

Good job. You deserve a cookie (served by a howitzer, if we had one that is)

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: One time I shot a USMC boat and it blew up in one shot just like the attack chopper I mentioned!

Comment

you love it and you hate it. take out a vehicle with the m95 or shoot a pilot out of a cockpit and you think it's the greatest weapon in bf. Then you start shooting infantry and you miss the accuarcy of the m24 or the speed of the dragonov. anyway i agree the m95 is powerful and sometimes you take down vehicles and you think, what the **** just happened.

Comment

m24 is much better for me ..

Comment

I think it does almost 200 damage to vehicles. I read it somewhere but I can't find it again. It is a big increase in damage against vehicles anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
                EDIT: Please don't give me any moral tirades about tk'ing. I really don't care what you think about me shooting at teammates.
                Translation: I'm a tard and I like people to know it.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUiB_2154
                  I think it does almost 200 damage to vehicles. I read it somewhere but I can't find it again. It is a big increase in damage against vehicles anyway.
                  Really? Vindication

Comment

M95 does 190 damage to vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
                      M95 does 190 damage to vehicles.
                      Ya, 190 damage to vehicles, and 95 damage to humans. If only it worked on enemy armor, then we could take out a tank with like, i dunno, about 15 M95 rounds. Unrealistic, but it would be cool if that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
                        Ya, 190 damage to vehicles, and 95 damage to humans. If only it worked on enemy armor, then we could take out a tank with like, i dunno, about 15 M95 rounds. Unrealistic, but it would be cool if that happened.
                        That's awesome! I'm gonna start shooting at jets whenever they fly by me every chance I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
                          unrealistic? 15 rounds is unrealistic...

haven't you ever heard of armor piercing rounds? more like 1 or 2.

Comment

Good find.
                            I can't say I aprove of your methodology, but I'll pass this along to the sniper I often play with.

I'm sure he can put it to good use against the OTHER team's planes!

Comment

Working...
                            X