Leet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leet?

I have heard the term 'leet' used a bit in these forums.

What does it mean? I have bumped into a tosser with 'leet' appended to his name once or twice.

Noob out.

Re: Leet?

1337 :laugh:

Comment

wikipedia.com and urbandictionary.com and google.com are all your friends. Please learn to use them.

Consider this me teaching you to fish.

Comment

Leet, usually written as "1337" in Leetspeak, is an online culture and/or attitude, as well as a language code, among the Internet population. The word itself is derived phonetically from the word "elite", and is a cipher, or cryptic form of spelling replacing letters with numbers, symbols, and other letters that look or sound alike. Leetspeak was first used on Bulletin Board Systems, and then later adopted by users of Online Multiplayer Games and other Internet communities.
        Spelling variation does not always follow a set convention. The same word may be spelled differently by different people, or even by the same person to confuse others even more. This is symptomatic of the desire or affected desire to elude comprehension by others unfamiliar with the foreign art form.
        Many consider it a pointless affectation, and as it has become widely used it is less useful as a way of showing membership of an "elite" group. It is nonetheless a cultural phenomenon well-known amongst hackers and many other Internet users, especially gamers.

I caught a fish.........

Comment

Originally posted by noob_mc_goob
          I caught a fish.........
          yeah... dude. welcome to internet.

Comment

....Consider this me teaching you to fish ...

... lmao

Comment

And it's about as impressive as someone who can spell "boob" or "hell" on a calculator...

Comment

Leet?

It means GAY!

Comment

Working...
                X