[Saving] BF2 Can't SAve Settings to Redirected "My Documents"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Saving] BF2 Can't SAve Settings to Redirected "My Documents"

I have a Problem with saving the Battlefield 2 settings.
    My “my Documents” folder is redirected to a network drive.
    This is normally very handy, but in this case battlefield has problems saving, it doesn’t save any of my settings.
    If I redirect “My Documents” back to the local drive, it works. But this isn’t an option for me to do permanently.
    Anybody knows how to fix this, or make Battlefield 2 Save somewhere else then “my documents”. Other games don’t have a problem saving to the network drive, so the configuration is not to blame. I use Windows XP x64

Thx

Re: [Saving] BF2 Can't SAve Settings to Redirected "My Documents"

So in the folder path for your My Documents doesn it say : \\server\share\mydoc or does it say H:\ like a home folder drive?

Maybe if BF2 sees only the UNC path (the \\) it can't recognize it as a valid folder path.

Comment

Its says "My Documents" in window explorer, no UNC patch. The Real UNC path of My Documents = \\server\users\tim

You could be right, maybe Bf2 sees the UNC, I guese I'm out of luck then

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that BF2 will not support such a setup.

It's just not a good idea either considering that is where the cache files reside.

You could try using the Windows XP TweakUI applet and see if you can run it before playing BF2 and set your My Documents folder to your C drive (or whatever local drive you want) and then change it back after you exit.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
          I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that BF2 will not support such a setup.

It's just not a good idea either considering that is where the cache files reside.

You could try using the Windows XP TweakUI applet and see if you can run it before playing BF2 and set your My Documents folder to your C drive (or whatever local drive you want) and then change it back after you exit.
          I have been changeing "my Documents" back to the original when i'am playing BF2, it works, but its far from ideal.

The cache is indeed a problem, thats why I hope there is a way to change the default BF2 Save path to somthing other then "My Documents"

Comment

Originally posted by tjvdberg
            I have been changeing "my Documents" back to the original when i'am playing BF2, it works, but its far from ideal.

The cache is indeed a problem, thats why I hope there is a way to change the default BF2 Save path to somthing other then "My Documents"
            Try typing this is cmd.exe:

Code:
            net use M: \\server\users\tim
            then go to My documents and set the folder path to M:\ now it looks like it is in M:\ but this just points to the share.

Alternatively in any Window, Tools -> Map Network Drive select a drive and the folder share path and if it should be persistant by using Reconnect at logon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny Highway
              Try typing this is cmd.exe:

Code:
              net use M: \\server\users\tim
              then go to My documents and set the folder path to M:\ now it looks like it is in M:\ but this just points to the share.

Alternatively in any Window, Tools -> Map Network Drive select a drive and the folder share path and if it should be persistant by using Reconnect at logon.
              When I do the above and start BF2 I get This:

Gamemessage:

LOCERROR_unable to open current profile

I can browse My Documents normaly with it, but still no BF2
              Thanks for the try

Comment

Working...
              X