Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Sound W/ Weapons

HI

Starting game I have no sound when EA logo appears and no sound in intro movie.

Entering game, it seems I have all other sounds but no sound when firing weapons. Primary or pistol.
    But grenade pin release works.

Hopeing for some help.

(updated drivers for Audigy 2Z)

Oh, and VOIP "mic test" not working either.

Re: No Sound W/ Weapons

Silly question (And I think it is not the case as you say you can hear the grenade pin sound)

Have you checked your speaker volume (Not on the speaker... but in the computer control panel?)

I ask this as I have lowered sounds in one game only to have it affect my entire system and didnt realize it till I played another game to find NOTHING made sounds. Went back into control panel and saw that my slider that controlled .wav volume was lowered all the way.

Again, this is a reach-but it is somethiing to check.

Comment

Sure you didn't plug your mic into the speaker plug and the speakers into line out or something stupid like that?

Comment

What happens when you do the speaker check in the Creative speaker setup app. Do you hear sounds coming from the center channel?

Make sure 5.1 Speakers are selected in BOTH the Windows audio control panel AND in Creative's speaker applet...also ensure that you check off the 'synchonrize with control panel' checkbox to ensure the settings stick.

Are you in hardware mode in BF2?

Are you running the new beta Creative drivers?

This can occur if you have any EAX effects enabled or if you have a custom EAX setup. Make sure EAX effects are turned off in the EAX Control panel.

I can duplicate this effect by either:
        a) playing with EAX settings
        or
        b) editing the sound.con file

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Went into the Creative Drivers and sound settings...seems to have done it.
          Thanks for the tip on the EAX settings...

Comment

Sweet..glad I could help

I discovered this while doing 'research' for my EAX thread.

Comment

Working...
            X