Dual Monitor Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Monitor Support

Does anyone know if it is possible to set the game up to utilize my 2 monitors. I would love to have the game running on the right display while the left displays the map and spawn menu or the commander map if you are commander.

Re: Dual Monitor Support

I don't think this has ever been achieved no.

Comment

There used to be a topic on this a long time ago... And the consensus was: No. It is not possible. A lot of people tried it but got nothing.

Well nothing is a bit of a stretch. I and several others have had it show the same thing in both monitors, but not split... One map, one action etc.

Comment

OK, thanks guys, hopefully something will be found in the future to enable this. This is one of the few games where it would be really practical to have the dual display if you are fortunate enough to have 2 monitors. I was thinking it might be possible if the screen resolution was set to 3200x1200 or whatever res is needed for the monitors, and then the pixel coordinates that the map renders at could be altered...but I'm not sure how that could be done.

Comment

I set it to that resolution, and modified the FOV. The game runs pretty sweet, but the menus are completely screwed up.

I would LOVE it (and would probably shell out a little more), if I could play on my main monitor, and have the minimap open in my other monitor. 'Twould be sweet.

~Salad

Comment

The devs can't even unlock the agonizingly challenging mystery of widescreen, so dual monitors is light years away.

Comment

It's more of a balance issue.

giving certain players the ability to see 'more' would put others at a disadvantage.

For this reason, you won't be seeing this in BF2...ever.

Maybe in future games though.

Comment

oO

If the feature is there for all players, then no-one is predjudiced against.

If I don't own a joystick, then, OH NO! The game is unbalanced because all those jet jockeys have an advantage over me!

Comment

its perfectly possible to get bf2 to run on both displays.

Just set your graphics drivers :display properrties - advanced) to enable 2 monitors.

Then you will find that the second monitor works as a extension of your desktop and you can drag your cursor form one to the other.

If its set like that theres no reason yoiu shouldnt have bf2 spanned across both screens.

What you cant do without EA/Dice coding it in is have a different part of the game on each screen ie: the game on one screen and minimpa on the other which i guess is really the main reason people would want dual monitor support.

Comment

Being able to see things that other players cannot see (wider FOV, map overlays) is MUCH different than performing the exact same function with 2 different control devices (keyboard vs joystick).

Think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
                      The devs can't even unlock the agonizingly challenging mystery of widescreen, so dual monitors is light years away.
                      this is exactly what i was going to say. just about every modern game you buy today has support for widescreen. so why doesn't bf2?

Comment

Originally posted by The Soup Nazi
                        this is exactly what i was going to say. just about every modern game you buy today has support for widescreen. so why doesn't bf2?
                        I wouldn't be surprised if DICE/EA says that widescreen is an unlock at 10,000,000 points.

Comment

Working...
                        X