sorry if old news, but this is happeming to me in nearly 50% of my games
    I have all patches and SF
    but boot vanilla

it used to be,an occasional player would have a false color
    now the WHOLE enemy is blue>???
    imagine seeing 63 blue folks with tags
    on karakand !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yes - I have learned to aim for enemy uniforms
    but how do you tell the enemy in a vehicle??

happens on multiple servers

any solutions?

Re: red/blue worse now??

I've seen it more since 1.12 as well. It's fairly stupid if you ask me, a perfect example of the poor coding done on this game.

I'll tell you something that'd easily fix it: Just go back to US being blue and the "bad guys" being red. Don't screw around with the arbitrary colors and extra calculations to see if you're on the same team, just say if your team is "us", nametag is blue. If "mec", red. If "ch", red. Bingo, problem solved, and you do away with one of the noobification features at the same time, 2 birds with one stone.

Comment

I have the occsionally tho
      last time, my teamamtes appears to wear a red tag PLUS the UAV reflect him as an enemy, so...........bah

For the 2nd question, you can tell whether the enemy is in a vechicle by looking your radar and your position.
      if there's no vechicle appearing in your radar while that vechicle is moving, it is an enemy.

Comment

I haven't had the whole enemy team go blue on me yet, but certainly ran as a medic towards the enemy (labelled in blue) to heal him and of course he blew me away.

Quite amusing yet rather frustrating

Comment

I've rarely seen this bug lately..guess I'm lucky.

Comment

I wish I saw a BLUE enemy. I only see RED friendlys and then get punished for it.
            Ok, on foot, up close, no problem. But when they are in a tank......there is no knowing if its the bug or not. You cant expect me to remember all the names.

Comment

Colin hopefully EA are going to address this in the new patch 1.2 thats in the process.

If it doesnt appear on your map when its moving towards you, shoot it.

Comment

well, blue enemy is bad, because if you hesistate, you are dead
                and I do try the minimap to check for vehicle color, but alas, sometims even a spit second diversion costs you life

at least it is not just my system
                and yes - it has happened @10 times more today since my OP

Comment

not neccesarily worse, I only got it once since the patch. I heard clanmates complaining about it occationally but not more often than before.

Comment

Also seeing this more, but have noticed an additional bug...

Last night on Karkand, I was in a Squad with some clanmates but I was showing up as red to them plus whenever I killed an enemy, their text messages would say -=4th=-1/2Hawk [Teamkills] whomever.

Everything else was legit, ie I was getting proper scores and showing up on the correct team roster. But it just looked as though (in the message window) I was running around TKing folks. Plus forget red and blue, my squad should have seen me in green regardless of some mixup of team colors!

Shouldnt stuff like that be caught in beta testing? Its likely hard to recreate, but it seems to happen enough to know about it, so go back and review the code in detail.

It would be nice to go back to US = blue ... anybody here have a hard time switching back to BF42? Everytime I jump in a Panzer, I freak out thinking I'm surrounded by enemies.

Comment

Or when your OWN TEAM recognizes that you're in a friendly uniform but shoots you anyways, got to love that.

Comment

Still seeing it here, but hasn't seemed to be any more/less than before..

I think the real issue is that...

1. We're still seeing it 2 patches into the game.
                        2. It isn't item #1 on the list for the 1.2 patch

Fix the bugs 1st, then worry about balance issues..

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                          Still seeing it here, but hasn't seemed to be any more/less than before..

I think the real issue is that...

1. We're still seeing it 2 patches into the game.
                          2. It isn't item #1 on the list for the 1.2 patch

Fix the bugs 1st, then worry about balance issues..
                          Let alone #1, its not even on the list! Shows how lazy and stubborn the stupid coders are.

Comment

It's been happening to me/us a lot more too. Now, whenever I'm in a chopper it happens at least 75% of the time. I'll see someone blue, but my pilot see's him red. On the ground it's harder for us to notice, but in a chopper, it's obvious. This was never that serious in previous versions(before 1.12) of Battlefield2.

If you're attacking(in the heat of the action) from far enough, it's a definite teamkill that should not have happen.

I always say sorry. And then get punished most of the times.

Comment

Yikes!

I aparently have been lucky and actually thought this problem fixed with the last patch (And sf exp). I used to have this all the time in original but havent seen it since. It may explain why I have gotten a few kill sthat I thought were entirely too easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X