Verifying Client, rejoyce!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verifying Client, rejoyce!

Dont know if its just me but ever since the server browser crash incident yesterday my Verifying Client data pain in the behind has gone from usually 2 minutes to 3 - 4 seconds, anyone else getting ultra short verifying times. Its a welcome change now Im able to get in a whole lot faster.

Re: Verifying Client, rejoyce!

The first time I played v1.12 (on Wake) the verification time was very short as well. Then it went back to normal (a minute or two). The last server I played on (coincendentally the TotalBF2 server) had a low verification time also.

So, I have no idea. Fluke? o_O

Comment

Umm what?

How did it get fixed? Is it for everyone?

My veryfyign takes about 3-5min ever since I got a new hdd....same speed as old one too, dont know why it went from 20secs to 3-5min. IT IS NOT A RAM PROBLEM BECAUSE ONLY THING THAT CHNAGED WAS HDD!

Maybe tis coz I cloned the hdd instead of installing OS from scratch?

Comment

the new Nvidia servers take about 3 seconds, frickin fast, love them

Comment

Originally posted by OMGWTFBBQLOL
          Umm what?

My veryfyign takes about 3-5min ever since I got a new hdd....same speed as old one too, dont know why it went from 20secs to 3-5min. IT IS NOT A RAM PROBLEM BECAUSE ONLY THING THAT CHNAGED WAS HDD!

It's not the speed of the hard drive that counts but the 'internal speed settings'. Try this :

If you are running XP, go to device manager and expand 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers' Right click on 'Primary channel' and choose properties. (Primary is usually the channel you HD's are connected to)

Click on the 'Advanced Settings' tab, this will show the devices connected to that channel, and their current speeds. Virtually all modern hard drives should be running in Ultra DMA mode 5. Maxtor's on the right chipsets run Mode 6, and most CDrom drives run Mode 2. Any HD's running in PIO mode will seriously affect loading times, as this is the slowest speed possible.

2) How to fix...
          XP will slow down the speed of devices if it receives errors while using the device, until it gets to PIO mode. This could be due to faulty cables, device or drivers.

First thing to try is simply change the the transfer mode to 'DMA if available' and reboot. If that does not fix it, uninstall the controller and reboot. XP should reinstall it and reset the fastest transfer speeds. You could also try both the MS drivers and the chipset manufacturers. (I had to install the NVidia drivers on my NF4 chipset, to fix IDE problems. I have also had them cause problems on my NF2 chipset system, so try both)

Comment

Originally posted by OMGWTFBBQLOL
            Umm what?

I didnt change 1 thing, NOTHING and it went from 2 mins to about 3 seconds, I didnt change anything in settings or add any hardware

Comment

mines always stayed the same 2 mins

Comment

Mine takes around 30 seconds, but I use 10K SATA Raptor drives. However, I really haven't seen a whole lot of HD utilization during the verification phase. If anything, it seems to be more network traffic. Then again, I really never paid it much mind.

Comment

Its random, sometimes its 30 seconds, sometimes 3 secs.

Comment

simetimes it takes 5 minutes, the round ends, and you start all over again :hmm:

Comment

3-5 secs mine takes, my lan computer does take upto 20secs... Didn't know it took so long for others. Must be why I get all the cools toys to choose from when the game starts

Comment

yeah i am getting shorter times aswell but only sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by JuzzyDee
                          simetimes it takes 5 minutes, the round ends, and you start all over again :hmm:

Yeah, that's always fun.

Comment

Mine always loads pretty quick. Sometimes I can cap flag before any enemy spawns.

Comment

Working...
                            X