Best Movie Making Method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Movie Making Method?

I'm guessing this has probably been addressed before but I did a search and didn't find what I was after.

Way back in the day there used to be a file someone wrote on another battlefield file repository (which I will not name out of respect for Totalbf2) that was named something like "Mr. Greg's guide for noobs making BF1942 movies" or something like that. It was a step by step for using fraps, then compressing the video, adding music etc etc..... most excellant guide. That file no longer exists on said repository. Does anyone recall this file or better yet have a copy of it? Please let me know.

Bottom line, I want to make a BF2 movie but am not very experienced at it. I was able to use the guide I mentioned and it worked well but I lost it somehow. If there is a better method please instruct me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Sneaky

Re: Best Movie Making Method?

Fraps is the easiest method, but Battlelauncher gets a much much better result but takes longer and is harder to do.
    Battlelauncher can be downloaded from www.battlelauncher.com but unfortunately the site is down for now but apparently will be back up soon.

I also have a Battlelauncher Tutorial here:

Comment

I use Battlerecorder, FRAPs, and windows movie maker. Easy to use and the graphics arent all that bad. Use battlelauncher if you are obsessed with graphics.

Comment

Use Battlelauncher if you give half a crap how your movie looks.

Comment

Well, if I could get Battlelauncher I would use it..

Comment

hm... was puzzled on how battlelauncer worked.. thx for the tutorial neo

Comment

Neo.....

You're aces in my book sir.....Thank you very much that is what I needed.

Comment

Can "demo.recorddemo demoname" be used outside of a singleplayer game?

Cos I cant seem to get it working. Also in Battlerecorder, is it possable to record a camera and pause it while the rest of the demo plays?? - I mean if I want to record only the second minute of a demo and not the first. Can I?

Comment

No you have to record the whole thing. And to do:
                  demo.recorddemo demoname
                  outside of a Single Player game you need to be admin. However if you are an admin but not on the host computer yo need to login as admin by typing
                  rcon login password
                  with password being the remote console password set by the server. Also if you have logged in as admin you need to put 'rcon exec' in front of demo.recorddemo demoname so it looks like:
                  rcon exec demo.recorddemo demoname

And also unfortunately you cannot record the second minute and not the first. A solution to this problem and a solution to the problem of long rendering times is to simple record short individual demos for seperate parts of the movie, this way you dont need to record or render parts of the demo where people aren't doing anything so as opposed to:
                  1.Game Starts
                  2.Demo Starts Recording
                  3.Tell People what to do
                  4.They Do it
                  5.Tell people what to do next
                  6.They do it
                  7.Demo Stops Recording
                  8.Game Ends
                  You can do this:
                  1.Game Starts
                  2.Tell people what to do
                  3.Record Demo
                  4.They do it.
                  5.Demo Stops Recording
                  6.Tell people what to do next
                  3.Record Demo
                  8.They do it
                  9.Demo Stops Recording
                  10.Game Ends

The second way means you don't have useless recordings of steps 2 & 6 which can often be quite long.

Comment

Working...
                  X