Wireless Internet, i need help to use patch cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Internet, i need help to use patch cable

I Have a telefonica wireless network but it came with a patch cable that i want to use so i can play online games like bf2 and css but i cant seem to get it to work i plug the wire into the back of my computer and then into the wireless router but i just can seem to get it to work it comes up on my screen saying "Local Area Connection is connected currant speed it 100.0" but when i go to try internet it does not work nor does any other internet applications...:cry: So i have tried to read the Spanish Gide book but my Spanish is not that good. do i need to configure the ip codes and stuff??:|: I'm dead shocked....

Re: Wireless Internet, i need help to use patch cable

:cry: Im all alone!

Comment

Are you sure its not a crossover cable?

Comment

ok i have never heard of that particular router/modem so ill try as best as possible (im more a netgear bof!!!)

So wat u probaly need to to do is enter in a address to change the settings E.G.192.168.0.1 and then tell it your internet user settings, also set the routor to automaticly detect settings on both the ip and the DNS. And it SHOULD work (touch work)

Comment

Are you sure its not a crossover cable?
          If by any chance you cant tell hold the 2 ends and the different color wires in side should be on the same side on a normal cable called a patch cable the little coloured wires should be on the oposite side. thats if you have seethrow clips

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. S.A.S
            If by any chance you cant tell hold the 2 ends and the different color wires in side should be on the same side on a normal cable called a patch cable the little coloured wires should be on the oposite side. thats if you have seethrow clips
            yep its a patch cable!

Comment

I assume you cant connect wirelessly? not that you want to for gameing.

But if you can then the router must allready be programmed with your login data. If this is not the case do as Sir SAS says and find the login for the router - either in the manuel or on the router it will be an Ip address and type it in a browser window, Ive never seen anymore tham LOGIN NAME and password required, password not allways needed.

PASSWORD and LOGIN should have been sent by your ISP in a letter i assume.

Type them in the appropriate screen on your router and save. Router will either reset or you may have to do it yourself, it should then work.

Good luck

Comment

I MANGED TO GET IT WORKING THANKS TO YOU GUYS!!! thanks alot!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X