sorry for the dumb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry for the dumb question

does anyone know if there is a patch to enable you to play a 32 and 64 man map size in single player mode???I searched around the forums and couldn't find anything related to my question.

thanks for the help.

Re: sorry for the dumb question

secure online file sharing, enterprise cloud storage, mobile access, on-premises cloud, self-hosted cloud, endpoint backup, sync, drive, secure mobile access, mobile device management, online collaboration, collaboration tools, hipaa compliance, private dropbox alternative, owncloud alternative, ftp alternative, efss

Comment

thank you very much Talus, can you please tell me which file i should download??? sorry i am a noob sad but true

Comment

I'd take a guess that it's the BF2 SP 64 Maps Mod v1.03

BF2SP64 is a modification for the full version of Battlefield 2 that will replace the original 16 player map sizes with the much larger 64 player map sizes. Including the additional Control Points, vehicles, & stationary weapon emplacement that the multiplayer 64 size maps have.

BF2SP64 also works great for Coop games in small Lan environments, so you and your friends can combat those bots. This is v1.03 of this Public Beta release for Battlefield 2 SP64 and includes a self-extracting automatic installer that also includes a restore option. ALL THIS & UNDER A MEG!

Comment

thanks Ptegan you are the man

Comment

We are all noobs at some point

Comment

well i downloaded that file and my system found a virus in it while installing. stay away from that link all. an ADMIN should delete the LINK ASAP

Comment

Just because your AV program shows an alert doesn't mean there's a melicious code imbedded. It's just a precautionary tool, and like any tool it has to be used with an understanding of what it does. Spyware programs say cookies are "bad" (not really but they send off alarms and if people don't read the fine print they think it's a problem).

Unfortunately the enhanced map sizes are useless in SP because they don't have expanded navmeshes. I thought I was doing fine until it occured to me that none of the bots were any the wiser to me capturing the "new" flags. As far as the bots are concerned, the extra space isn't there.

I thought the bots just interacted with the terrain with a flag objective, but apparently there's an entire blanket code for bot navigation. It really stands out if you play one on one with a bot. You'll notice that they gravitate towards the center of the map and base sit in a tank.

Comment

As far as i know, there is nothing to enable for you to play in 32-64 player maps in single player, however, there are .bat scripts that lets you play 16 player map with 32-64 bots. You can not have 32-64 player single player map. You need a navmesh and AI tools that DICE used to create current singleplayer modes which they are unlikely to release in the near future. It is clear that BF2 was meant to be an online game (i miss BF1942's single player a lot):hmm:

Edit: I just checked it and i was wrong about 32-64 player maps. However as the person above me mentioned, there is no use for having bots in 32-64 player maps because the paths that bots use were defined only 16 player map size. so if you have a 64 player gulf of oman, and you enable bots, you will never see bots spawning in carrier or flying jets. they will be where they would be if it was 16 player map.

Comment

a haa, gotacha. thanks for the info all

Comment

Remember there is no such thing as a dumb question (just dumb people who don't ask questions).

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
                        Remember there is no such thing as a dumb question (just dumb people who don't ask questions).

+1:nod:

Comment

Working...
                        X