key binding commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key binding commands

Is there anyway to bind a key to say "I need a ride", I used to do it in Enemy Territory to send specific messages to my team. For example in BF i wuld like 1 key press to send to my team "capping flag need support" or "capping flag, wait for me" etc etc. Anyone got an idea how to do this in bf2. thx.

Re: key binding commands

If you had a device that could perform macros (e.g. Nostromo n52) you could set it up to do the following:
    Code:
    ~
    game.sayTeam [number] [string]
    enter
    ~
    I used to do it with voice command software in Battlefield Vietnam (e.g. 'I need an engineer/medic!')

Comment

I've been trying to figure out how to do "spotted" on my joystick. At this point, I think I'm going to use AutoIt in order to create a macro program to run whenever a certain set of keystrokes is pressed (Ctrl + Shift + Alt + F10, etc).

For me, it's just (Q Down), (Left Mouse Click), (Q Up).

For you, it would be (Q Down), (Mouse Move 60 degrees from up), (Left Mouse Click), (Q Up).

Of course, the actual code is different, but this is the idea. Neither Nostromo nor Logitech's joystick profiler will allow you to simulate a left mouse click. Hence, my frustration.

Comment

dang, i have no idea what macros and all that is, lol. looks like im gonna need to look into it a bit more. i used to play mohaa, and all u had to do what type the command in cosole, and it worked perfectly. the right number and string sounds confusing. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Xanthias
          Of course, the actual code is different, but this is the idea. Neither Nostromo nor Logitech's joystick profiler will allow you to simulate a left mouse click. Hence, my frustration.
          But JoyToKey does.

Comment

Working...
          X