Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried jumping a DPV into a transport chopper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has anyone tried jumping a DPV into a transport chopper?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4968/cant2lj.jpg <-- This is why vehicles cant go in the blackhawk, the yellow box in the picture is the blackhawk's collision mesh, which defines where vehicles can go and can't, same thing for the other helis.

Comment

Originally posted by CheetahShrk
      http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4968/cant2lj.jpg <-- This is why vehicles cant go in the blackhawk, the yellow box in the picture is the blackhawk's collision mesh, which defines where vehicles can go and can't, same thing for the other helis.
      where did u get that picture? just wondering.

cuz im pretty sure there's no collision on main rotor.

Comment

You can view those collision meshes using bf2 mod editor. In the "render" menu go go down to "toggle draw collision mesh" and choose the physics mesh after choosing the vehicle in the editor.

There is a collision mesh for the rotor but it is usually almost the same as the width of the chopper itself, so you really do not feel it. I think they were supposed to make the collsion mesh for the chopper a little bit bigger so it feels more realistic especially when you fly beside a building or inside a tunnel or beside a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1
          There is a collision mesh for the rotor but it is usually almost the same as the width of the chopper itself, so you really do not feel it. I think they were supposed to make the collsion mesh for the chopper a little bit bigger so it feels more realistic especially when you fly beside a building or inside a tunnel or beside a tree.
          How many times did i crash into a tree because of that.
          I liked DC and they didnt have a collision mesh for the rotors.
          I forget that everytime and then its too late :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1
            You can view those collision meshes using bf2 mod editor. In the "render" menu go go down to "toggle draw collision mesh" and choose the physics mesh after choosing the vehicle in the editor.

oh that's cool... thx for the info.

Comment

that would be cool if you could get a DVP in the BH i remember the good old days of joint ops , with that HUGE chopper (chinook) that you could fit like two vehicles in i remember driving a DPV out of that at high altitude and survived.

Comment

Me and 2 clan mates managed to jump a DPV into a flying chopper (not hovering, flying). Took alot of time getting the timing right but it was funny as all hell once we got it done.

I'm 100% positive you can't fly the DPV inside the chopper though lol

Comment

think the only things that are allowed to pass through are bullets and missiles. There is some sort of invisible wall effect going on that does not allow passage of anything else.
                  Sounds like a useless invisible wall to me, it should be the other way around :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                  X