For those complaining about SF....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those complaining about SF....

You guys bitch about the fact that EA is charging 30 bucks for this...

But I hope you realise that 99% of the chances are that BF3 is going to be a monthly fee like a MMORPG!

So 30 bucks is still better than a fix 15 bucks a month regardless of having any new content or not!

Deal with it, it will happen...

Re: For those complaining about SF....

nah people bitch cause the paid 30 bucks for a game that its unplayble/choppy/buggy. My lowly speced pc plays Chronicles of Riddick at high settings,with all the lovely textures and lighting effects on, but cant handle BF2??? what the hell??? and then they give you SF which is even more unplayble due to poor coding. THATS what people are moaning for

Comment

Originally posted by Apainl3ssA
      nah people bitch cause the paid 30 bucks for a game that its unplayble/choppy/buggy. My lowly speced pc plays Chronicles of Riddick at high settings,with all the lovely textures and lighting effects on, but cant handle BF2??? what the hell??? and then they give you SF which is even more unplayble due to poor coding. THATS what people are moaning for

Post your specs.

Comment

please do!

Comment

you have totally right !! its a shame that DICE didnt fix BF2 regular first !

today i started up BF42, i played a server with Midway + Ohama Beach and my fav. battle of brittian, it was fantastic , the gameplay whole different then BF2, BF2 is to choppy to play some times , i have 6600 GT some on low and some and med, i am not complaining about specs but the gameplay... bahhh !

Comment

Um...it's an expansion. Expansion to a game? Not like a patch. So yeah, you're gonna pay 30 bucks. And that's average. There are other games with expansions and they all cost around the same. As far as the 'choppiness' then go out and get an SLI system. It's been out for about a year or more (me= late on that). Times are changing, games are changing, comp hardware is changing. If you can't keep up then don't complain Because it's not their fault they want the best looking graphics for those that are serious into PC gaming. I have a 6800 GT (AGP) and I have no problems except for warlord. Maybe it's your system and not the game's fault :?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Sly
              But I hope you realise that 99% of the chances are that BF3 is going to be a monthly fee like a MMORPG!
              Huh! Please tell me that was an attempt at humour.
              You cant be serious surely??????

I don't mind paying for original game titles or even expansion packs, but monthly subscriptions is just not on.

Oh and i'm happy with my BF2 and SF!
              Sorry for hijacking thread.

Comment

I agree, there's a good chance BF3 will have a monthly subscription fee. Makes sense, EA loves to make as much money as possible off us by any means possible. Why wouldn't EA charge monthy fees like W.O.W does?
                Any game that i have to spend 50$ to buy and then another 15$ dollars a month to play sounds like complete crap, I certainly won't do that just to play BF3.

Comment

What do you think BF3 will be... just BF2 with nicer graphics again or a different theme?

Nope... with the amount of hrs people play on BF games it is worth it to have a monthly fee.

Some people are playing 100 hrs a month on BF.
                  $15 a month is cheap for that kind of gameplay.
                  Regular games you get 30 / 50 hrs out of them... so $15 is much cheaper than buying two new games!!

Trust me, many might not like it (just stick to BF2 then and don't upgrade) but BF3 will probably include an evolving story line of some sort with monthly fee. Basically they'll just add new maps or weapons, armor, etc. that justifies the monthly charges.

Comment

If BF3 were to be as good or better than BF2 or BF2: SF and have a compelling story line of some sort, I would be fine with paying a fee. Even with all the bugginess and all the messing around I have to do to get this game to work, I LOVE IT. I play it all the time.

BUT if EA is going to start charging monthly on the next Battlefield game, they're going to have to take more time in making sure that the software they sell works better right out of the box. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if they don't put some time into optimizing BF2 so that it runs better, they will lose a lot of consumer confidence. I know for sure that I'm going to check the message boards for a few weeks before I buy another Battlefield title. But because the online play currently doesn't cost me a damn red cent, I try to live with the glitches.

Comment

im confused, dom you really know if they will charge or are you starting a new thread on your assumptions?

Comment

A monthly fee? That is bs I am not gonna pay to play a walk pile of crap.

Comment

dunno where you people get this monthly fee crap from

lol

Comment

They'll do there best with the experience they're gaining...

But there will be bugs at launch, just like SW Galaxy or WoW... if it is really bad they won't charge for the first month.

But I just want people to realize what they are getting with BF2 compared to other games in term of gameplay & time value.

People act like EA owns them the world in exchange for their 60 bucks.
                            Quality gaming is going to get more and more expensive and people should start realising that it is a business like any other.

A business from which you get much more for your buck than any other...
                            How else can you get 100 of hours of entertainment for only 60 bucks!

60 bucks of DVD will get you maybe 6 to 10 hours...
                            60 bucks for a stripper doesn't even cover one hour!

But I guess I'm just one of those older gamers that appreciate more because I know from how far its come!

Comment

Hello to all,
                              I do agree with you Sgt Sly, I think that EA must regret when they watch Blizzard full of money every month with WOW !!!
                              I think that the future of BF serie is on the way with monthly feed, business is changing...
                              Cheers.
                              BZ.

Comment

Working...
                              X