So i finally got special forces..and..."unmodifed content error..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i finally got special forces..and..."unmodifed content error..."

So i work at a video game store and have had an order of BF:SF on backorder for weeks. No Deal. I need this game bad. BF2 is my game of choice...atm

SO Sam decides to make his weekly visit...a regular...socialy awkward kind of character...doesnt buy much but will go get me lunch on my long...hard shifts..of...playing and selling video games.

He informs me that **** Smiths has BF:SF in stock...and offers to go get it for me...for a small fee...a can of coke.

So i take the cash out of the till, and send him on da way.

Eventually i make is home and fire it up.

I try to join a server....no deal. "Unmodified content only" Oh yes...i know this error...i got this when i went through my BF2: Realism mod stage...and had to reinstall BF2 to play online again.

But THIS time i have a clean install on BF2 i been playing for weeks. No worries. All i have done is install the expansion i paid for. And now i cant play the expansion online or just normal BF2.

Whats goin on EA.

So i am writing this stroy as i am watching the green progress bar run along the screen as i try my luck with a FRESH INSTALL of BF2....i dont think ill risk ruining my working install of BF2 trying to play the expansion pack i paid for.......i need a fix of BF2 NOW!

Re: So i finally got special forces..and..."unmodifed content error..."

Did you install the 1.12 patch *after* you installed SF ?

Comment

i had thesame problem.
      reinstall the latest patch, that fixed everything for me.

Comment

That solved it for me, but the problem keeps coming back.

Comment

well i reinstalled BF2:SF and didnt work still...so i tried re applying the patch and what do u know... IT WORKED!!

Thnx for the tip!!

Comment

Working...
          X