Wow, now these are some headphones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, now these are some headphones.

I've done my reviewing and these headphones are the best when it comes to 5.1 surround gaming. The 8790 5.1 I've heard from reviewers have better base than their USB counterpart the 8794. I was just so impressed by all the reviews i have read. I have some real nice two channel headphones and was researching for some 5.1 and saw these.

Re: Wow, now these are some headphones.

$123+? No thanks. lol, well yea they are probably crazy.

Comment

i dont get it...the frequency response is shocking.

Comment

yeah these heaphones are one of the best on the market, they tested them with bf2 and they're supposed to be the best 5.1 surround with 4 speaker pads and a subwoofer in each side with a sound box that you attach it to that then attaches to your surround sound card. Then they also have 3.5mm adapters for the ipods and all that. Im going to college soon so getting a pair of these headphones would be nice since i wouldn't want to blast everyone out thats in my dorm.

Comment

meh - i'll take my technics 1210's anyday way more bass and output than those headphones...

Comment

yea i got 5.1 headphones last year for like 70 bucks except it didnt have a mic...its alright..but speakers are a lot better

Comment

yeah i have some altec lansing headphones with excellent sound and incredible bass except i heard these are the best as far as surround sound online gaming goes- heres a review http://www.upgradeadvisor.com/content/speedlink.aspx

Comment

I'm definately going to get some of these - the current combination of headphones + mic wrapped around neck just doesn't work.

They were £30 at Special Reserve, but they don't exist anymore.. the best I can find is £40 for the USB version at www.play.com

EDIT: Hang on a minute, does anyone have the USB Version? if so - 1) Do you need a 5.1 Sound card, and 2) can you use it on say, the TV? or as normal headphones?

If anyone has the Normal version - do you need a 5.1 Card to do it? I'm pretty sure my new pc has 5.1 built in to the mobo i'm getting.

Comment

im pretty sure you need a 5.1 soundcard for the non-usb plug, because you connect the headphones into the sound box which connects to the 5.1 card. You need 5.1 enabled on your computer for 5.1 to work.

Comment

In 5.1, 5 specifies speakers and 1 specifies subwoofer... So how can you get a 5.1 headset ?

Hehe...
                    Customers who bought this product also purchased

Competition Pro USB (Red)

Comment

the subwoofer is in the headphones...it makes the headphones vibrate hehe..and its pretty cool to play first with the subwoofer off and then on..big difference

Comment

it says the frequency response for the central speakers is 20-20k, which isnt great.

But then it says the frequency response for the subwoofer is 20-120k...eh?!

Comment

they actually suck... very badly

i sold mine and bought senn. 595

they are heavy... big... and complicated.

the 5.1 doesnt work as good as you would think and the amplifier also isnt very good.

the one speaker died on mine the first week i had it and then i found out... their customer support sucks and they wouldnt even give me a number to call they would only respond via email. then they got them and said there wasnt anything wrong so they sent em back... still no sound in the one speaker. the mic is good though

Comment

also that adjuster on the cord is a pain in the ass and it will move while your playing so then you have to reset it

o yea one AMAZING thing about them is how they come... big box and inside it all silk and they have a red bow around them lol

Comment

wow yikes, your review really contrasts the professional opinion. Hm, thats really unfortunate.

Comment

Working...
                              X