i need help connecting to servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help connecting to servers

everytime i join a game..i get in for 3 seconds...then i get disconnected and back to the server list with a message that says..."connection to this server has been lost" It happens on every server i try...i DL'd the new patch and updates..still no better...i have a good computer and a t1 internet system, so im boggled with whats going on....please help

Re: i need help connecting to servers

ttt anyone? Hasnt this happened to anyone else? Please help..i need to play im going crazy...thanks

Comment

This happened to a lot of people, and nobody could find any reason from it.
      If this happened only after 1.12 patch i have no idea how to fix it (check EA bf2 forums, browse older posts)

As for me, i had this problem until i deactivated my AA from windows and switched to app controlled - dunno why it worked, but it did

Comment

Try updating punkbuster.

Also, ensure all firewalls all disabled.

Does this happen with other online games as well?

Comment

it only happens on this game....dont know why....i dropped the firewalls down and dl'd punkbuster...lets hope for the best...BTW...what is "AA" ?

:edit: I just dl'd the newest punkbuster and it did not help at all...i get in the game...then like 5 seconds later it kinda freezes up then disconnects me..what else should i look into?

Comment

Originally posted by kwhitez28
            it only happens on this game....dont know why....i dropped the firewalls down and dl'd punkbuster...lets hope for the best...BTW...what is "AA" ?

:edit: I just dl'd the newest punkbuster and it did not help at all...i get in the game...then like 5 seconds later it kinda freezes up then disconnects me..what else should i look into?
            do you use a router? if so, you need to forward around 6-7 different ranges of ports. also what kind of T1 is this? I am assuming you are not paying a thousand bucks to have your own T1 connection, so you are probably getting it from school or work. If that's the case, the main terminal might cause problems. I know this, my friends who live in dorm in my school (where you have free T1) had so many problems.

Comment

Originally posted by maranello
              do you use a router? if so, you need to forward around 6-7 different ranges of ports. also what kind of T1 is this? I am assuming you are not paying a thousand bucks to have your own T1 connection, so you are probably getting it from school or work. If that's the case, the main terminal might cause problems. I know this, my friends who live in dorm in my school (where you have free T1) had so many problems.
              no router what so ever...im living in appartments on campus...i have no idea what type of internet connection it is, but i assume t1..i messed with the graphics settings and that didnt help, so im confused....do i need to dl any new drivers? I have the new patch and update, but i think i may be on the original driver that came with the game??? I have no idea

Comment

what are the newest drivers that are recommened for the game...if i change drivers, could that fix the problem?

Comment

Working...
                X