new card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new card

so im fed up with my old sh.itty radeon 9200, iv been playing bf2 since august now with 25 fps.

I have:
    AMD athlon 64 3200+ 2ghz
    1gig ddr2 ram

Iv been looking to buy a card on ebay, and im just waiting untill my paypal gets done, there are some really good deals. (a 6600gt went for $110)
    Anyway I need an AGP card which will get a minimum of 50 fps on medium settings, and price range between 0$ to 160$. Can someone give me some info on which to buy, i've been looking at cards such as 6600gt, 6800gt, x800and I can't decide, I need to know which will work best with my processor, ram etc and if spending a little more money on a 6800gt rather than a 6600gt is really worth it.
    Im not fussy when it comes to say an extra 15 fps if its going to cost and extra $30, so whats the best card for me?

Re: new card

A 6600gt would be good, a 6800gt would be better.

You don't have DDR2, you just have regular DDR.

Comment

wow dont reply to my thread if your not going to help. of course a 6800gt would be better than a 6600gt. please someone post if its worth it to spend that extra money, if my processor would limit any of these cards, give opinions and give REASONS. thank you

Comment

Wether it's worth the extra money is an individual opionion and no one can really tell you. To some it is, to some it isn't. No the processor won't limit either's performance. Like I said a 6600gt would be good, the 6800gt would be better. Just depends on how much your comfortable spending.

Comment

what do you think of my 9550 radeaon card its not to bad but i was hopeing to upgrade soon what do you think?

Comment

Dunno about how good the radion is. 9550 sounds bad though. I got a 6600GT and BF2 runs fine on it. If you wanna go better, I would not suggest to go to the 6800GT. I read on Anadtech that they came up with a card that's performing slightly less than 6800GT but for much less $. I think it's 6800V.

Comment

Originally posted by kamenjar
              Dunno about how good the radion is. 9550 sounds bad though. I got a 6600GT and BF2 runs fine on it. If you wanna go better, I would not suggest to go to the 6800GT. I read on Anadtech that they came up with a card that's performing slightly less than 6800GT but for much less $. I think it's 6800V.
              9550 is an awful card.

The new one is the 6800GS and it is PCIe only.

Comment

Working...
              X