Jets: Missles > Guns RECANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets: Missles > Guns RECANT

So I read through my old thread entitled "Jets: Guns > Missles" and read a post by someone saying something about a "fast missle switch" trick with jets. I decided to load up BF2 and see what he was talking about, although I couldn't quite figure out what he meant. After dominating the skies for a good 15 mins, it finally dawned on me what it was. I began to stalk someone and got so close to him that I could hear his afterburner. That's when I switched from bombs to my missles. The moment I hit 'F' I started firing off missles like crazy while hitting the guns. Next thing I know I am flying through jet debris and squinting at the bottom of my screen trying to read the vote kick that was initiated for me.

Not too long after that I shoot down another pilot using the same method. I now have 5/19 votes needed for a kick. Then I start chasing someone that just got done bombing my airstrip. Turns out he was a clan member from the server(obviously an admin). I shoot him down ruthlessly like the filthy bastard that he is. Which brings me to my conclusion: Use your missles Only after you've gotten real close to your victim, then fire your missles as soon as you hit F and pray it's not an admin!

Re: Jets: Missles > Guns RECANT

I disagree. While you are chasing him, all you need to do is push down your guns button for 2 seconds, and he is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by [i]_Bleed_to_Death
      I disagree. While you are chasing him, all you need to do is push down your guns button for 2 seconds, and he is dead.
      Don't disagree until you get in the game and see for yourself . I got all my missle kills in less than 2 seconds. I suppose that missles lock on to any heat source while they're in midair so you don't have to wait to get the lock on signal, if that makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
        So I read through my old thread entitled "Jets: Guns > Missles" and read a post by someone saying something about a "fast missle switch" trick with jets. I decided to load up BF2 and see what he was talking about, although I couldn't quite figure out what he meant. After dominating the skies for a good 15 mins, it finally dawned on me what it was. I began to stalk someone and got so close to him that I could hear his afterburner. That's when I switched from bombs to my missles. The moment I hit 'F' I started firing off missles like crazy while hitting the guns. Next thing I know I am flying through jet debris and squinting at the bottom of my screen trying to read the vote kick that was initiated for me.

Not too long after that I shoot down another pilot using the same method. I now have 5/19 votes needed for a kick. Then I start chasing someone that just got done bombing my airstrip. Turns out he was a clan member from the server(obviously an admin). I shoot him down ruthlessly like the filthy bastard that he is. Which brings me to my conclusion: Use your missles Only after you've gotten real close to your victim, then fire your missles as soon as you hit F and pray it's not an admin!
        lmao, I've been doing that for a very long time, it's very useful for other situations also, but I'll let you figure that out

Keep working on those missiles, they are very useful once you start to understand them. Especially when you start to understand fatal errors in flying patterns that can increase the odds of a solid missile lock, provided you don't have any friendlies within a set distance, which you'll need to figure out too

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
          Don't disagree until you get in the game and see for yourself . I got all my missle kills in less than 2 seconds. I suppose that missles lock on to any heat source while they're in midair so you don't have to wait to get the lock on signal, if that makes any sense.

Im sorry, I guess I will have to check again, but the last time I played, I followed a jet which was going to resupply, and shot him with guns only. It all happened really fast, if all bullets hit.

Comment

Proof that nobody here wants to believe that the missiles are any good, the lack of replies to this thread lol.

Bleed is right though, if you get a complete idiot that is not in the habit of checking behind him, you can roast him fast with the maingun, it actually only takes less than 20 solid bullets to trash another jet. Don't confuse client side hits with serverside hits though, the clientside is very misleading because it shows nice pretty puffs from bullet impacts that are not really happening.

I do think the ground AA needs to be reworked though, don't use the same source as the air AA for starts. They should put a dumbfire mode that you can switch to that won't show up on the bombing radar. It's way too easy to fly around uncontested when nobody wants to learn to dogfight in this game, because bombing pays higher dividends on the scoreboard.

Comment

JSF's armor are too thick, you cant roast him with the gun unless you get RIGHT in the center of the tailpipe, which, unfortunately, most people unintentially prevents me from doing due to their lack of flying skills.

Think of missiles as a convience, you dont count on them to kill, but when the time is right it dosnt hurt to finish him off quickly and you can focus on more pressing tasks, such as shooting down choppers.

The most important thing about flying is, there are no "tricks", only "manuvers", you could not count on any trick to get your kills. The method mentioned by vomit only works in a small percentage of situations, what you need to do is adapt, the stall manuver recently for example are very annoying, but once you know the person likes to do it you can adapt and make him die faster than if he turns in circules forever.

Comment

actually, the armor on the JSF is the same as all the other jets, it uses the same material ID and is the only material ID for the main body and wings of the jet. The guns all use the same bullet also.

I posted that info in this thread: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...770#post557770

Comment

Working...
                X